Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rev 9 exhaust

Took a chance and ordered the Rev 9 exhaust. I wanted something really free flowing that I could modify but also wanted stainless. It's 201 stainless which I know is not as rust resistant as 304 but as I live in CA, rust is not a problem. I put it on and the drone was unbearable at 3000 rpms but based on the design I knew it would be. I then welded a stainless 9 inch resonator that I bought for $30... Huge difference. I have the Dizzy E30 tune with out pops but it still pops between shifts and during down shifts. Tone is excellent. The clamps are terrible but I Just welded it together myself with some flux core stainless wire. In my opinion all exhaust clamps are worthless. So for $360 I have a full 3 inch CBE with minimal drone made of stainless. I may change the resonator to 12 inch to bring down the drone further but we will see how it is after a few weeks.

Erick_V

Where did you weld in the resonator? I have an MBRP which is essentially the same design as yours

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Where did you weld in the resonator? I have an MBRP which is essentially the same design as yours
I welded the resonator in the straight pipe behind the tips. There is plenty of room. I will try and get some pictures later today.

Erick_V

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I am sure that would work but I really liked the look of my slant cut tips and by just putting in the resonator I didnt have to remake the rear hangers.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was me id get that whole thing ceramic coated* Never have to worry about corrosion...period. [driving]

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
If it was me id get that whole thing ceramic coated* Never have to worry about corrosion...period. [driving]
I live in Central California. Aluminized exhausts lasts for 50 years here.