Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rigid collars for the fiesta

ronmcdon

curious to try this on my car and would like to hear feedback.

I like parts that increase how responsive the car's handling and feedback are. stuff I've done so far on the fiesta like upgraded polyu control arm busings, meister gt1 coilovers w/ stiffer linear 8k/6k springs, chassis bracing, alum steering bushing, spherical trailing arm bushing maybe all 3 vibra-technic mounts, seem to add to this would be my guess.

last year got rigid collars done on a 17 civic hatchback fk7, along with upgraded front control arm bushings, roll center kit, 4 chassis braces. again, loved the added responsiveness of the car. what sucks is installing all parts at the same time and not being able to isolate what the collars did. I understand this is a labor intensive mod, as it may involve removing the subframe.

here's the link to the parts in question. I believe WF0SFJ would be the correct chassis code. btw, highly recommend blackhawk japan as a merchant. too bad not too many jdm parts fit our cars, but prices are hard to beat if you can find something that works.
https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/prod...sta-50261-sfj-000?_pos=1&_sid=f4111381b&_ss=r
https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/prod...sta-50300-fyj-000?_pos=2&_sid=f4111381b&_ss=r

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
curious to try this on my car and would like to hear feedback.

I like parts that increase how responsive the car's handling and feedback are. stuff I've done so far on the fiesta like upgraded polyu control arm busings, meister gt1 coilovers w/ stiffer linear 8k/6k springs, chassis bracing, alum steering bushing, spherical trailing arm bushing maybe all 3 vibra-technic mounts, seem to add to this would be my guess.

last year got rigid collars done on a 17 civic hatchback fk7, along with upgraded front control arm bushings, roll center kit, 4 chassis braces. again, loved the added responsiveness of the car. what sucks is installing all parts at the same time and not being able to isolate what the collars did. I understand this is a labor intensive mod, as it may involve removing the subframe.

here's the link to the parts in question. I believe WF0SFJ would be the correct chassis code. btw, highly recommend blackhawk japan as a merchant. too bad not too many jdm parts fit our cars, but prices are hard to beat if you can find something that works.
https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/prod...sta-50261-sfj-000?_pos=1&_sid=f4111381b&_ss=r
https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/prod...sta-50300-fyj-000?_pos=2&_sid=f4111381b&_ss=r
I just picked up front and rear spoon rigid collars for my CRZ. I feel like they are similar as far as filling up space in the subframe face but the spoon are sort of crushwasher esq and really squeeze more into all the mounting space wheres whoosh's are more for centering the subframe and taking up some of the space again on the subframe's outer face.

the duke

I know collar kits exist for other cars. I thought Ron was working on something for the front subframe but I’m not aware of any production kits. It’s be a nice treat if we had an option.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I know collar kits exist for other cars. I thought Ron was working on something for the front subframe but I’m not aware of any production kits. It’s be a nice treat if we had an option.
Ron sells front subframe colars for ours:LOL: Has for several months now. Ask me how I know. :ROFLMAO:

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #5
is it similar to the VUDU kit?

https://www.aetmotorsport.com/products/ford-fiesta-st-mk8-lockdown-bolt-vudu

curious how well it worked. I got that part a few years ago and totally forgot I had them. wish i knew Ron was developing then as I paid like closer to 150 shipped. they look totally different from the spoon collars, not sure how they compare.

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #6
I just picked up front and rear spoon rigid collars for my CRZ. I feel like they are similar as far as filling up space in the subframe face but the spoon are sort of crushwasher esq and really squeeze more into all the mounting space wheres whoosh's are more for centering the subframe and taking up some of the space again on the subframe's outer face.
oh let us know how you like them on your crz! hope you did not pay like $500 for the front and rear kit from Spoon USA.

yes they do seem like a different design and i like how there is a kit for both front and rear.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
is it similar to the VUDU kit?

https://www.aetmotorsport.com/products/ford-fiesta-st-mk8-lockdown-bolt-vudu

curious how well it worked. I got that part a few years ago and totally forgot I had them. wish i knew Ron was developing then as I paid like closer to 150 shipped. they look totally different from the spoon collars, not sure how they compare.
it’s pretty much a carbon copy. I was gonna get the Vudu kit my friend did but it was not $150 it was like $50.
I bought the superpro control arms with the bushings already installed from Ron as well hence why I have a set of stock control arms and super pro bushings up for sale. Ya I got lazy about pressing them in. Going to install both at the same time . All I would need after that is rack bushings and my front end would be identical to yours.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
oh let us know how you like them on your crz! hope you did not pay like $500 for the front and rear kit from Spoon USA.

yes they do seem like a different design and i like how there is a kit for both front and rear.
I got mine from RHDJapan. It was like 40 for the rear and 125 for the front set.

Probably installing in the fall. Doing new oem control arms and Showa Tuning suspension with them.