Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM causing a transmission fluid leak?!

View attachment 8708

I posted pics in this thread somewhere, and those pictures show what the leaks looked like before the last and most recent repair.

The newest leak is a small droplet that is visibly wet on the under side center of the passenger seal. My concern is that the only way to know for certain how much tranny fluid imight have been lost through the leak, is to jack the car up level and open the fill hole to check. That's too much of a PITA to have to do on a regular basis, and I would always be concerned that I was running low on vital tranny fluid.

I HATE that these seals are leaking, and I would gladly pay additional money for upgraded seals plus axles.

Do upgraded/stronger axles exist?

EDIT : The attached photo is from 2/5/16 and shows the passenger side axle seal. If you look under the seal dead center, you can barely see the glistening of the tranny oil that is leaking out.

I have already wiped the seal dry to make certain that this isn't any residual oil or oil picked up from the road while driving. It glistens after I test drove it after wiping so I know it's "freshly" leaking, and I imagine that once under load more oil is leaking out and blowing off the seal while the car is at speed. How much oil though? That is what drives me nuts.....
[MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION]
Just a question regarding the leak. Does it look like it's coming from the ID of the seal along the shaft or the OD of the seal at the edge? I can't tell too well from the picture, but it could give an indication of what's wrong.