Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rotora

Been in contact with Rotora the past couple days, and they are interested in doing a BBK for the FiST. I know there are a few options already out there but since this will be something new, I thought I would put it out there to see what the community would be interested in having. If there is any area that the current options lack (besides being dirt cheap) just post it up here and I'll pass it on to Rotora for their consideration.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Siestarider

Yes. BBK for rear, the stock caliper and SVT Focus caliper bracket allow use of larger rear discs, help balance front upgrades, why this simple rear brake upgrade has not been developed in our market is a mystery to me.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #3
I don't know either. They seem to be under the impression that there is no way around the ebrake.

Siestarider

[MENTION=4294]boston[/MENTION] Driver ordered the Sico rear brake kit from England, maybe when he gets it he can advise how E brake is handled.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I built my own 4 piston two piece rotor setup around 2 years ago but just finally got around to hooking up the brake cables because I had not figured out a good way to do it then Brian at FB let me know recently he designed a new inner ear that works better and it was a relatively easy solution so now I have an Ebrake in the rear but they are not super strong and not going to be but do what I need.

I had to modify the rear knuckles, flip them side to side while doing a camber change by cutting and realigning the ends of the axle which I did because I wanted more rear camber and hit helped fit 9" wide wheels, I had to design caliper mounts, redo them once, have the rotor hats machined.....in other words this is not something many would want to do so it did not become available.

-----------

As for the fronts, I have used Rotora with good results, if they do this they should make them fit under 15" wheels, 16 if not, 17" wheels suck on this car.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #6
I planned on telling them to keep emailing under 16s but I only have my stock wheels for them to go off of. Does anybody have a spare set of 16s they can borrow for fitment? Lol and I'll let them know about the rear brake possibility. At least some people have made something work before, so we know the master cylinder is up to it.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=4294]boston[/MENTION] Driver ordered the Sico rear brake kit from England, maybe when he gets it he can advise how E brake is handled.
Dam youuuuu. lol Another shop to drool over. They have some nice brake upgrade options among other things

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #8
Dropped the FiST off yesterday at Rotora. They will make the kit to fit 16s but it but it's gonna to be tight. They said it all depends on how far they can move the calipers and rotors back. Apparently it's a common issue with Fords that there is very little space between the caliper and back side of the wheel. Also they will look at the rear kit. They can do one for sure but they even brake will be gone unless each owner comes up with a solution (Hydraulic, line lock, brick, etc) but they will give me more details next week after they have a chance to fully examine the stock system.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #9
Got an update from Rotora today, they finished with the measurements and it looks like the car will need a spacer to fit stock wheels. It's understandable for how close the stock calipers are to the back of the wheel. As for the kit they are putting together, it's front only (for now) and it will be forged 4-piston|328x28mm 2-piece discs. They told me they will work on the set up for the rear, however it will require some retooling on the manufacturing end, so there is currently a 4 month lead time on that until they are ready. Right now they have sent everything for my kit out to be manufactured, they will test fit on Monday once they get it back. They will also have weights, price and other information available at that time.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A 12.91" rotor bbk might be a pretty tough fit under 16" wheels so the will have to move the calipers and rotors back as far as they can but the control arm does not allow much room there, then again it has been a very long time since I rotors brakes, perhapsthe caliper seeing is very low profle. Going to be interesting to see how this works out which I really hope it does:)

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #11
They told me from the get go that they would have to move the caliper back as far as possible just to clear the stock wheels. However he did say that they would be using a special low profile caliper for us. Also I specifically told them that most people buying the kit here would be tracking and using 16 inch wheels. So I guess we will have to see what we get on the 6th.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Some flow fo5rmed 16ux8 wheels a5re \in the wo5rks w\ith good b5rake clea5rance, 4x100 b6ut the conve5rsn \is easy eno6ugh now.

The S|ICO k\it wo6uld have to effect the Eb5rake \in some way as \it \is -pa5rt of the stock 5rea5r cal\i--pe5r.

Gotta love my new keyboa5rd f6unct\\ion....

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #14
[MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] wow just wow.... lol. Anyway, with the Rotora kit, since it's 2 peice rotors nothing needs to be drilled. Just order the hats in 4x100 and do the hub conversion.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Switched to the tablet to enter responses, slow normally for me but also just had a followup after recent laser retina surgery so my right eye is all jacked up.. Doggies knocked my $$$$ custom HP laptop off the table and water poured into the keyboard..

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #16
I assume you don't have dogs anymore lol. Jk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Since rotors are hub centric if one has 4x108 they can rotate them 90 degrees and drill new holes using a drill press or even a hand drill,just make them a little bigger than the studs,just like stock rotors and rotor hats.

On car hub conversions can now be done for low cost, one is a bit more money but much less work.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #18
I meant if someone was getting a BBK and didn't want to deal with drilling they could order this kit with 4x100 hats.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
|If they w\ill offe5r the k\it that way then g5reat of co6u5rse:)

S6u5re f6un 6us\ing the la-pto-p keyb-oa5rd!

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #20
I'll double check with them, but I don't think it would be a problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Noodles Member Group Buys 33