Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

S280 Exhaust

I currently have an S280 car with FSWerks 2.5" exhaust. I do have a 3" catless downpipe. I am adding Whoosh's ported intake manifold, replacing my SRI with the ITG Maxogen, and considering the Thermal 3" exhaust. Does anyone have any experience or helpful knowledge about whether replacing my exhaust will net me any WHP/WTQ? I'd settle for.. like 5. :LOL: Every bit helps! Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
vdyno means nothing. Exhaust might get you a couple. Ethanol would get you there.

Upgraded HPFP and 30% larger injectors with the E-mix FTW. Oh and custom tune. From what I've read the exhaust gains are negligible since you already have a 2.5. I believe some are making close to 380whp with catted DP. Fueling, cooling, and tune are the key.

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #4
I can’t do ethanol, it’s a pump gas build. I’m specifically asking about anyone with real experience who has upgraded to a larger diameter exhaust with an s280, and if there is any performance to be had.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Minimal, if any.
I'd put the cat back on.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Minimal gain. I went from 2.5" cobb to 3" greddy with gtx2860 and can't point to any changes in vdyno for what that's worth, if anything. I also went from catless to catted and that didn't change anything either on stock fueling. Cat may become a restriction if you're adding fueling.

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #7
Cool, thanks for confirming what I was thinking. Not sure why I’d ‘put the cat back on’ though. I don’t have emissions where I live and the car is tuned and running great with my catless dp. Makes no sense whatsoever to put the oem catted dp back on the car, so I won’t be doing that. But I will take the rest of the advice and skip the exhaust. Thanks again.