Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

San Diego Owners! Looking for your input

Hey guys,

I have a few questions for all of you:
- How many daily drivers do we have?
- Which tune are you running?
- How long have you been running said tune?
- Any issues arise during that time?

I'm not having any issues myself, I'm a daily driver with COBB OTS stg II.
I've been running it for about 3 months. I was running the MAPerformance Stg I V220. After I updated my AP firmware to V400 and remained on the MAP Stg I V220 tune, upon startup the car would throw a P061A code for Internal Control Module Torque Performance. I tried resetting ECU and KAM, and again upon startup immediately the DTC returns. So it didn't seem to affect the way it drove, but I didn't like knowing that I had a DTC tripped. So I switched to OTS Stg II V400 and voila! DTC vanished, does not return. I had the MAP Stg I on my car for about 6k until the firmware upgrade, and currently I'm running COBB OTS Stg II.

As it sits, she has ~29k on her.
Will be pulling the plugs on Friday to swap in some ITV22s, should be interesting to see how sh*tty CA 91oct affects our plugs.
Well, that, and the fact that I waited until about 27k to install an OCC [shameful]

Hey guys,

I have a few questions for all of you:
- How many daily drivers do we have?
- Which tune are you running?
- How long have you been running said tune?
- Any issues arise during that time?

I'm not having any issues myself, I'm a daily driver with COBB OTS stg II.
I've been running it for about 3 months. I was running the MAPerformance Stg I V220. After I updated my AP firmware to V400 and remained on the MAP Stg I V220 tune, upon startup the car would throw a P061A code for Internal Control Module Torque Performance. I tried resetting ECU and KAM, and again upon startup immediately the DTC returns. So it didn't seem to affect the way it drove, but I didn't like knowing that I had a DTC tripped. So I switched to OTS Stg II V400 and voila! DTC vanished, does not return. I had the MAP Stg I on my car for about 6k until the firmware upgrade, and currently I'm running COBB OTS Stg II.

As it sits, she has ~29k on her.
Will be pulling the plugs on Friday to swap in some ITV22s, should be interesting to see how sh*tty CA 91oct affects our plugs.
Well, that, and the fact that I waited until about 27k to install an OCC [shameful]
Hey there! Got a daily driver here. I've been running on a custom 91 octane tune from Randy @ Mountune when I had only about 300-400 miles on my ride. Put a OCC in around 700 miles or so, and I'm already at about 7200 or so miles. I wouldn't say I had initial problems, but I noticed every now and then sometimes at idle, it'll dip a bit lower than usual for a second or two, but otherwise everything seems to be working fine for me. As for DTC error codes, I actually hadn't check my AP for these. I did, however, perform the firmware update for my AP a week or two ago.

Pete

2014 car bought brand new in March of 2014. 45,500 miles currently on the vehicle catch can installed at 40,000. I have the hybrid x37 turbo and no issues with the car been about 5,000 miles on the car now. I run 91 fuel, e30, and currently working on a 100 octane fuel. Also if you want more local info we have a facebook page called San Diego ST Owners Group.

OP
L

LaserWhisperer

Thread Starter #4
Hey there! Got a daily driver here. I've been running on a custom 91 octane tune from Randy @ Mountune when I had only about 300-400 miles on my ride. Put a OCC in around 700 miles or so, and I'm already at about 7200 or so miles. I wouldn't say I had initial problems, but I noticed every now and then sometimes at idle, it'll dip a bit lower than usual for a second or two, but otherwise everything seems to be working fine for me. As for DTC error codes, I actually hadn't check my AP for these. I did, however, perform the firmware update for my AP a week or two ago.
Hi boocake! How's Randy's tune compare to the OTS maps in your opinion?

2014 car bought brand new in March of 2014. 45,500 miles currently on the vehicle catch can installed at 40,000. I have the hybrid x37 turbo and no issues with the car been about 5,000 miles on the car now. I run 91 fuel, e30, and currently working on a 100 octane fuel. Also if you want more local info we have a facebook page called San Diego ST Owners Group.
Thanks, Pete! I'm on that page too, just thought I would try this route :) Who did you get your x37 from? I've seriously been considering upgrading in the nearish future. I REALLY want that top end power!

OP
L

LaserWhisperer

Thread Starter #5

Thanks, Pete! I'm on that page too, just thought I would try this route :) Who did you get your x37 from? I've seriously been considering upgrading in the nearish future. I REALLY want that top end power!

Hey LaserWhisperer, sorry for the delayed response! Honestly, I haven't tried any of the OTS maps. I had Randy's tune applied when I got my AP and had some work done at Mountune when I was over there back in August (springs, RMM, short shift) and it's been pretty peppy. Aside from the tune, I'm essentially stock with a K&N drop in panel filter. I'm pretty sure upgrading my intercooler would probably be beneficial for me in the long run.