Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Saturday night track results

Took the Whoosh Motorsports orange spice Fiesta to the track last weekend, wasn't expecting a ton, but it went better than I imagined! So far, the power mods for the car are a TT s280, ported exhaust manifold, bosch 30% injectors (no upgraded HPFP yet), pro alloy intercooler, whoosh short ram intake, milltek cat back, symposer BOV, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Car has 17" TD wheels with stock size Falken RT615k+ tires. I had been doing a bunch of dragy runs to get some practice in and it paid off big time! If you don't have one or haven't heard about them, they're SUPER cool. Anyway, weather was decent (about 1600ft DA) and there wasn't a ton of cars there so we were able to get a few runs in with ample cool off time in between. I had told my self earlier in the day, if it ran a 13.50 or faster, I would be stoked. Pull up to the line after cleaning the tires off, traction control dialed in and 3100rpm on the launch control, banged all the shifts, score board lights up with a 12.92 @ 115mph. i was ecstatic. we're going to get some slicks and a clutch in this car soon and see how far we can go! I also had a couple of good kills, check out the video :D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5NZ1iApGI4

That's frikin amazing! Sleeper for sure. MPH is very impressive. a 1.7-1.8 60ft would put you high 11's low 12's. Really like how the car sits too. Have you done any weight reduction? I would love to copy that set up because that is just the type of MPH I'm looking for. Couple questions about these cars at this performance level. Any oil smells in the car? I used to drive DSM's and and CCV gasses always made it to the cabin. Unreliable as hell too. Just got my Fiesta last Saturday. Came with an exhaust and feels quicker than 197hp so possible flash? idk.

Last edited:
OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
That's frikin amazing! Sleeper for sure. MPH is very impressive. a 1.7-1.8 60ft would put you high 11's low 12's. Really like how the car sits too. Have you done any weight reduction? I would love to copy that set up because that is just the type of MPH I'm looking for. Couple questions about these cars at this performance level. Any oil smells in the car? I used to drive DSM's and and CCV gasses always made it to the cabin. Unreliable as hell too. Just got my Fiesta last Saturday. Came with an exhaust and feels quicker than 197hp so possible flash? idk.
Thank you! Yeah, my old Fiesta ran mid 11s at 120-121mph with and 60' in the 1.8 range pretty regularly. I do not have any oil or other smells in the car, sometimes I drive it daily but mostly it sits in my garage. My commute to work is a whopping 3ish miles when I do drive it. Even stock they are very peppy and usually feel faster than the rated power because it comes on so quickly and are under rated on torque.

I'm on the fence for the Whoosh Hybrid and S280. Can the hybrid mph like that? I've had huge turbo 4cyl cars before (75lbs/min+) and the s280 is not really a big turbo, but I don't want to lose the fun zipppyness of the ST. I do want that high teens mph though . Lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm on the fence for the Whoosh Hybrid and S280. Can the hybrid mph like that? I've had huge turbo 4cyl cars before (75lbs/min+) and the s280 is not really a big turbo, but I don't want to lose the fun zipppyness of the ST. I do want that high teens mph though . Lol
S280 will pull 22-23 city 31 highway and around 25-28 combined oh and that’s with someone who puts their foot into it. i.e. 80 mph on the freeway and fast in town. YMMV depending on how heavy your foot is.
I love my S280.

S280 will pull 22-23 city 31 highway and around 25-28 combined oh and that’s with someone who puts their foot into it. i.e. 80 mph on the freeway and fast in town. YMMV depending on how heavy your foot is.
I love my S280.
Good info on the MPG. I was talking more about spool and drivability. The factory turbo is so responsive I was curious if that changed much with the s280 because I kind of want to retain that what makes this car so much fun but with more power.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Good info on the MPG. I was talking more about spool and drivability. The factory turbo is so responsive I was curious if that changed much with the s280 because I kind of want to retain that what makes this car so much fun but with more power.
well it spools quickly not as much kick in the low end as a hybrid unless you run a E30 tune but to do that properly beyond a base e30 tune you need to add at least injectors.
Though ya its like stock down low until about 2800 when it really starts to spool and then it pulls like a freight train all to redline it’s seriously fun but the great thing is you can drive around town down low like a sane driver. The Hybrids tend to cause massive wheel spin down low and you get a donkey but then the TQ rolls over hard . The S280 on the other hand ramps up and has a much much smoother power band that is broad.

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #8
The highest trap speed I had with the hybrid was 116 but it was really maxed out. It went 117.7 with a 35 shot of nitrous but it didn't gain much because I had to shift to 5th before the finish line. The s280 is very responsive, it makes 20psi at 3000rpm in 4th gear.

Great feedback. Think I'll go with the s280. I have a 3in exhaust, Whoosh FMIC, and motor mount. What other supporting mods will I need for 93 tune initially? Also what's the best tune and from where? I'm sure this has all been answered before on this board, but we're on a roll. Lol. Sorry to hijack your thread with these questions.;)

Like I said, I basically want copy paste your set up. It's seem simple, but effective. I'd be ecstatic trapping 118-120. In my S5 I could trap 125-128 all day but that thing was a pig and not a whole ton of fun around town. Just too much weight to throw around. I'm having a blast in this little fiesta.

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #10
Great feedback. Think I'll go with the s280. I have a 3in exhaust, Whoosh FMIC, and motor mount. What other supporting mods will I need for 93 tune initially? Also what's the best tune and from where? I'm sure this has all been answered before on this board, but we're on a roll. Lol. Sorry to hijack your thread with these questions.;)

Like I said, I basically want copy paste your set up. It's seem simple, but effective. I'd be ecstatic trapping 118-120. In my S5 I could trap 125-128 all day but that thing was a pig and not a whole ton of fun around town. Just too much weight to throw around. I'm having a blast in this little fiesta.
That's alright! I love questions. you shouldn't need anything else for a pump gas setup. It should make 270-280whp on 91/93 octanes. Adam from tune+ has tuned both of my big turbo Fiesta's and they run/drive superbly. This is definitely the most fun variety of a Fiesta I have driven. I'm thankful it's the one that I drive frequently :D

So get a Cobb accessport and get a tune from Adam? How about my current setup? If I flash stage one that should make a few more hp.tq? Probably won't do the turbo upgrade until December so wouldn't mind making the best of what I have now until then.

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #12
So get a Cobb accessport and get a tune from Adam? How about my current setup? If I flash stage one that should make a few more hp.tq? Probably won't do the turbo upgrade until December so wouldn't mind making the best of what I have now until then.
Yes you definitely need a handheld of some sort and the Cobb is the best for our cars. An off the shelf tune will make a few more horsepower but they are pretty conservative.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yes you definitely need a handheld of some sort and the Cobb is the best for our cars. An off the shelf tune will make a few more horsepower but they are pretty conservative.
Hey so I'm not much of a drag racer but I had a question re: trap speed. It seems that trap speed isn't really impacted by how hard you launch, the car will get there no matter what. Whether you roll our mildy or launch hard, traps seem similar. Not talking about you specifically but just drag racing in general. Is this accurate? I went drag racing for the first time in probably 15+ years last week and no matter how I launched trap speed was the same. I don't care about ET, was mostly looking for a baseline comparison as I continue to mod the car. What are your thoughts?

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #14
Hey so I'm not much of a drag racer but I had a question re: trap speed. It seems that trap speed isn't really impacted by how hard you launch, the car will get there no matter what. Whether you roll our mildy or launch hard, traps seem similar. Not talking about you specifically but just drag racing in general. Is this accurate? I went drag racing for the first time in probably 15+ years last week and no matter how I launched trap speed was the same. I don't care about ET, was mostly looking for a baseline comparison as I continue to mod the car. What are your thoughts?
This is mostly true, launching does affect it but minimally. Usually if you spin a hair it seems to trap a little bit faster, and typically if you hook really well (ie, drag slicks) it will trap a little bit less than a street tire pass.

When I dragged motorcycles launch and 60ft had a big effect on trap speed. I guess if you're carrying more speed at the 60 and 330 it will translate to a higher trap. If theoretically you could put all the power down at launch you would be near or at the top of 2nd or well into 3rd by the 330. If you've got great top end you can pick up almost 30mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4. Here's a slip from my S5. It had a strong back half. If my 60 sucked I would trap 2-3 mph lower.

Audi S5 Run 4-22.JPG