Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Savagegeese reviewed the FiST!

Business6

I think these interior biases are ridiculous Why? Its based off an economy car not a high end sports car. Its entry level again not mid or high end.
Now with all of that you start noticing it has stuff thats nice. Automatic Climate control, flawless sync in the 2017-2018 models i.e. the ones this jackass reviewed. In fact I plug my phone in and it recognizes it immediately and my nav apps appear on the cars screen. It also syncs the bluetooth fine. With the Recaros it looks good. The ambient lighting is a nice touch as well. In the end for the price its fine.

This guy is right up there with Doug DeMuro in the jackass reviewer department. Has driving experience but come off like opinionated amatuers.IMO.
When was it compared to a high end sports car? I think you're missing the point entirely: objectively the interior material and fit & finish is poor. Subjectively it's perfectly fine, functional and frankly no better or worse than any other vehicle at the price range of the regular Fiesta. There's a stark difference between the two yet they're not mutually exclusive. You can both recognize the faults and accept it for what it is but it's not remotely unfair to criticize the interior or any other aspect of the car.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I think these interior biases are ridiculous Why? Its based off an economy car not a high end sports car. Its entry level again not mid or high end.
Now with all of that you start noticing it has stuff thats nice. Automatic Climate control, flawless sync in the 2017-2018 models i.e. the ones this jackass reviewed. In fact I plug my phone in and it recognizes it immediately and my nav apps appear on the cars screen. It also syncs the bluetooth fine. With the Recaros it looks good. The ambient lighting is a nice touch as well. In the end for the price its fine.

This guy is right up there with Doug DeMuro in the jackass reviewer department. Has driving experience but come off like opinionated amatuers.IMO.
So you're saying he's a jackass because he feels the interior is cheap? Well it is cheap my seat adjuster broke the first day I had the car. The auto climate control in my opinion is terrible I don't feel like it has that percentage of change that you normally would have. Actually the number one problem I have with the car is the climate system. The sound system is awful, and I have had to reset my sync system multiple times just to get the radio to work as it seems to get stuck in a load mode sometimes. I love the car but yeah some things could definitely be better in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I don't find the interior cheap at all. Yeah the heating system is a little strange- the way the defrost comes on blazing hot, then you have to turn it down. I rather it had a basic AC and heating system- of off and a dial for the temperature, not the climate controlled one. But I rarely use the AC anyway- I prefer open air driving if I am on back roads.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
He called the interior cheap because it *is*. There’s no point in acting like it isn’t. It can be cheap but functional, cheap and well laid out, etc., but st the end of the day it’s the interior of an inexpensive economy car. Despite that, many of us chose the car regardless. Not because of the interior but despite it. He rags on lots of cars for their use of low grade plastics- the FiST wasn’t alone in that.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So you're saying he's a jackass because he feels the interior is cheap? Well it is cheap my seat adjuster broke the first day I had the car. The auto climate control in my opinion is terrible I don't feel like it has that percentage of change that you normally would have. Actually the number one problem I have with the car is the climate system. The sound system is awful, and I have had to reset my sync system multiple times just to get the radio to work as it seems to get stuck in a load mode sometimes. I love the car but yeah some things could definitely be better in my opinion.
I have none of those issues: I changed the dial one degree and it kicks up just slightly, I update the Sync and it works great, sound is just fine especially if you just dial down the mids a notch or two and I haven't had a single problem other than the manual trans under-filled in 13k miles.

The biggest pro with the interior is the '16+ USB hub actually charges phones better than even most luxury brands.

I think the value is just incredible for the prices we've been getting them for, but he does make good points too.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I don't find the interior cheap at all. Yeah the heating system is a little strange- the way the defrost comes on blazing hot, then you have to turn it down. I rather it had a basic AC and heating system- of off and a dial for the temperature, not the climate controlled one. But I rarely use the AC anyway- I prefer open air driving if I am on back roads.
That sounds like something is wrong, my defrost comes on cold and climate control works great... sure the blend door will probably eventually go, but I love the functionality for now.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have none of those issues: I changed the dial one degree and it kicks up just slightly, I update the Sync and it works great, sound is just fine especially if you just dial down the mids a notch or two and I haven't had a single problem other than the manual trans under-filled in 13k miles.

The biggest pro with the interior is the '16+ USB hub actually charges phones better than even most luxury brands.

I think the value is just incredible for the prices we've been getting them for, but he does make good points too.
That's great for you. I much prefer a manual control climate system. I do think the sound system is awful my opinion. When you hit Max defrost it automatically goes to hot. Plenty of guys here have had the height handle break off. I have a 2017 the same car as you. Android auto works fine. sometimes it seems to have a lag issue with just regular FM radio though like a legit lag. People are allowed to dislike things. Just because the sound system is fine to you doesn't mean it is to me.

The way he says it comes off somewhat condescending, but in my view **cheap** is not a bad thing. In fact, its more so a compliment in the greater context of the car. What I'm saying is, don't confuse cheap with low quality or poor design.

cheap

adjective
(of an item for sale) low in price; worth more than its cost.
"they bought some cheap fruit"
synonyms: inexpensive, low-priced, low-cost, economical, competitive, affordable, reasonable, reasonably priced, budget, economy, bargain, downmarket, cut-rate, reduced, discounted, discount, rock-bottom, giveaway, bargain-basement, low-end, dirt cheap
"cheap tickets"
adverb
at or for a low price.
"a house that was going cheap"

Dpro

6000 Post Club
When was it compared to a high end sports car? I think you're missing the point entirely: objectively the interior material and fit & finish is poor. Subjectively it's perfectly fine, functional and frankly no better or worse than any other vehicle at the price range of the regular Fiesta. There's a stark difference between the two yet they're not mutually exclusive. You can both recognize the faults and accept it for what it is but it's not remotely unfair to criticize the interior or any other aspect of the car.

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said it was unfair to criticize, nor is it unfair to have a viewpoint. It is obvious reviewer has a built in bias towards what he is reviewing. Now that seeps into his review and does not make make it an unbiased review.

Seen lots of cars, driven lots of cars, owned lots of cars subjectively the interior could be worse the fit and finish is a entry level economy car fit amd finish and in that department I hve seen worse and possibly seen better. Yet their is an opinion eschewed by some of the people on this forum and online and from some reviewers that its cheap to a fault. IMO its not that bad and there does seem to bias
I made tjhe high end sports car statment as an abstract and because some reviewers I mntiond do compare it to high end cars.

Lol I am saying he is a Jackass because he comes off like one period. I also think Doug DeMuro is a jackass, just like some people feel Jeremy Clarkson is a jackass becuase he does act like one sometimes. Though I like some people love his dry smart ass brit humor.
Plain and simple I don’t like the Savagegeese guy and feel I have seen better reviews.
I happen to not have problems with my active climate system. I actually feel the sound system is not bad for a factory system on a sub 20k car. We are talking about a sports econo car here, to have the quality of system it has stock is pretty good. IMO

If you have owned older cars you would realize factory car systems have come a long way and I have seen worse on even more expensive sports cars. IMO

I also have had no problems with my sync system in fact if I compared it to the sync system in my 2012 Focus its better by leaps and bounds lol.
Like I said earleir the minute I get in the car it pairs flawlessy.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

Ha yeah the USB ports in my 17 are freaking *mighty*, my wife's alfa has a hard time recognizing anything is even connected and there's a pretty serious price disparity lol. Oh Italy.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The way he says it comes off somewhat condescending, but in my view **cheap** is not a bad thing. In fact, its more so a compliment in the greater context of the car. What I'm saying is, don't confuse cheap with low quality or poor design.

cheap

adjective
(of an item for sale) low in price; worth more than its cost.
"they bought some cheap fruit"
synonyms: inexpensive, low-priced, low-cost, economical, competitive, affordable, reasonable, reasonably priced, budget, economy, bargain, downmarket, cut-rate, reduced, discounted, discount, rock-bottom, giveaway, bargain-basement, low-end, dirt cheap
"cheap tickets"
adverb
at or for a low price.
"a house that was going cheap"
Yeah context is everything. "The house is going for cheap" vs "the house was built cheaply" lol.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That's great for you. I much prefer a manual control climate system. I do think the sound system is awful my opinion. When you hit Max defrost it automatically goes to hot. Plenty of guys here have had the height handle break off. I have a 2017 the same car as you. Android auto works fine. sometimes it seems to have a lag issue with just regular FM radio though like a legit lag. People are allowed to dislike things. Just because the sound system is fine to you doesn't mean it is to me.
Never said you aren't allowed to not like something, relax man, quit being so defensive just because some of us want to engage and discuss... but at the same time I'm in high-tech, and an AV nerd/videophile and am picky and think it's absolutely decent for the price... For sound quality try just putting the mid down 2 notches from the middle. Also, very easy to turn off the DSP using ForScan and you can upgrade to speakers for only like $70 a pair that will sound much better. And did you update yours to the latest version? Never seen any lag at all with FM radio using AA, just very minor quirks here and there... If you need a non-nav update I created a an installer package and can hook you up... As far as the height handle for the seat I can tell it's pretty cheap but it also doesn't go very low at all so no need to even mess with it, I'm very average height myself and I just set it for the lowest and leave it. :)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well any car I drive I normally bottom out the seat. The problem is my Wife is very short and she needs to raise it up, and well then the handle breaks off. I have spent a ton of time messing with the EQ settings. I like the car and will keep it till it's dead, or I lose my left foot and can't use a clutch pedal anymore. My wife has a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5 hatchback and if you saw all the things Mazda has done for free to fix little issues here and there it just makes Ford look like a tool. Seat adjuster for one Mazda realized they were fragile so they reinforced it for free. We actually never had an issue with the seat adjuster but still got took care of. This is everything I've gotten for free on that car just handed it to us. Blower motor for leafs, Bose amp valued at $500 on a 7 year old car, seat adjuster bracket, liftgate shocks, upper dashboard replace due to loosening material over time. None of these things had anything to do with warranty coverage Mazda just took car of it, and Bose gave us a free amp when we asked because hers was having issues.I just wish Ford would address the issue with the seat adjuster handle and realize there's a design flaw. Also the average consumer should not have to manually update the sync system it should be able to do that on its own.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well any car I drive I normally bottom out the seat. The problem is my Wife is very short and she needs to raise it up, and well then the handle breaks off. I have spent a ton of time messing with the EQ settings. I like the car and will keep it till it's dead, or I lose my left foot and can't use a clutch pedal anymore. My wife has a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5 hatchback and if you saw all the things Mazda has done for free to fix little issues here and there it just makes Ford look like a tool. Seat adjuster for one Mazda realized they were fragile so they reinforced it for free. We actually never had an issue with the seat adjuster but still got took care of. This is everything I've gotten for free on that car just handed it to us. Blower motor for leafs, Bose amp valued at $500 on a 7 year old car, seat adjuster bracket, liftgate shocks, upper dashboard replace due to loosening material over time. None of these things had anything to do with warranty coverage Mazda just took car of it, and Bose gave us a free amp when we asked because hers was having issues.I just wish Ford would address the issue with the seat adjuster handle and realize there's a design flaw.
Hehe, I guess I'm glad my wife can't drive manual, she's only 2 inches shorter than me but likes to sit higher so I know she'd break that POS lever, hehe... but damn, Mazda did all that stuff for free? That's impressive! And yeah, so much potential with the stereo, after all the messing around I could do I just realized cutting mids by 2 notches is best I can do until I do speaker upgrade. At least regular 6 3/4" drop right in, Crutchfield includes the brackets for about the same price as Amazon for some decent Rockford Fosgate component for front, 3-way for rear, only $140 total. Maybe at least do the fronts to start, what I'm considering anyway, but then turn off the DSP in ForScan and blow the rears out and replace those later, heh.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well with a lot of time and patience I have taught my wife how to drive a manual is she great at it no. My Wife wants a sports bike maybe one day she will get one but I was like you need to learn how to drive a manual. Under warranty Mazda replaced the thermostat housing, and Horn. Out of kindness they replaced the blower motor as it had sucked in a bunch of leaves from the large air intake. The seat adjustment bracket, lift gate shocks, and dashboard were replace under recalls /caring about your brand's image. The amp was replaced for free by Bose I guess they care about their partnership with Mazda I didn't even have to return the old one. They were also very loaner car friendly.

I thought he hated this car. He told me that "...it rode like a grocery cart!" and advised me to get the FOST! I really wanted the Fiesta ST for what it is and if I wanted a Focus ST I would have gotten one. :O