Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

seafoam enigne? when and how

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Head stays on. take out the plugs and manually move each cylinder to TDC, cover all other intake ports and blast while putting a vaccum in it to collect the walnuts and carbon and repeat. Sometimes I use some liquid cleaner at the end to get some of the walnut dust out.

I have done 20+ cars using this method. They all still run with no reports of damage to the turbos. The exhaust has a nice roasted walnut smell afterwards. Makes the shop smell nice! I dont think the walnut shells are hard enough to damage turbine blades. You can smash them up into a fine powder pretty easily and they are combustible. The only risk you run is if you do it wrong with the intake valve open, you can get enough walnuts in there to lock the motor up. I always spin the motor by hand when I am done to make sure that it won't lock up.

I recently did a similar experiment on a n54 bmw (D.I. motor, turbo, dual variable valve timing, ect). Blasted and did a catch can and 20k later the valves were still dirty.
Thanks! [thumb]

Does CP-E actually offer this as a paid service for customers at your shop??

Yep, that's why I said it could be a coincidence. However, I saw no noticeable gain from using it, and obviously had bad luck, so no reason for me to risk it anymore.

Seafoam will always have its haters and it's fan boys, of which I'm neither. I'll just stick with my plan which is running an OCC, then walnut blasting when the time comes.
I'm not a fan boy, nor a hater as well. I just don't like reading bad or incorrect information as that starts the myth, which grows into a legend, and eventually becomes flat out lie over time.

Such as the tale of John Hancock signing the Declaration of Independence extra large for the king to see. In reality, he was 23 feet tall and merely signed in his normal hand writing style. J/K