Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shift linkage replacement

Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I haven't found one thread in this forum on how to replace shift linkage. I've got all the linkages popped off the joints but I feel like when I pull on the linkage I'm missing something cuz it feels like it's caught. Possibly something by the firewall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I haven't found one thread in this forum on how to replace shift linkage. I've got all the linkages popped off the joints but I feel like when I pull on the linkage I'm missing something cuz it feels like it's caught. Possibly something by the firewall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why are you doing this?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
That's it! I'll check it out. I can see that part on the replacement linkage cables I just thought I possible got the wrong one haha thank you d1jl, I'll let you know how it goes

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
There is also the point where the cables go through the body.

SER~us~en~file=E117147_EUR_400_JPG~gen~ref.JPG