Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shifter boot and armrest cover

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have charcoal and white stitching shift boot still to get installed. I got mine from red line. They quality is amazing. Can't wait to get it put on.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I have charcoal and white stitching shift boot still to get installed. I got mine from red line. They quality is amazing. Can't wait to get it put on.
Do you just send in the arm rest to them?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I didn't get the armrest but I think they make the armrest cover and you get it and just slip it over the existing armrest.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Well, got them both installed. I like them, but I will tell you that the shifter boot is a PITA. BE REALLY CAREFUL..when removing the console. Also, the leather is thicker so it is very tight to put the new boot and the reverse lockout back together.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410575309.292625.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410575349.728794.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah I'm not doing it myself. I'm going to try and find an upholstery shop near me to put that on. I don't trust myself at all.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Here's a little better daytime pic. I like the way it looks but am a little so so on if it is too much with the red leather, lol. The quality of the shift boot material ( leather) is far better than the factory. The armrest cover just goes over the factory material.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410627745.333085.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The quality is great; very rich, thick leather. And I just got the charcoal leather with white stitching to match the seats. They match perfectly.

And it's only $50, so if you want another one it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe black or charcoal with red stitching?

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
The more I look at it, the more I like it. Especially looking at it with the door open being that they match the exterior color and ST stitching on the seats.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
The armrest boot was fairly easy to get on, you do have to glue it to get it to seat right. You also have to be careful when putting it back together because the leather is fairly thick and you don't want to crack the plastic when you are screwing the screws back in. Redline goods sells them and you can also find then on amazon.

Did you smear on a layer of Elmer's or use something else? I'm interested in a better feeling armrest, and don't want to end up with wrinkles.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I actually used 3m plastic and trim adhesive. No issues so far. It also gave me enough time to smooth the leather out while I was applying it. When you do this cover, you want to do a section at a time. I lined it up, then used a couple of clamps to hold it in place.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
These will be available soon as well-

Alcantra with matching red stitching.