Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Skid plate...

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You could make one, however it is prone to be lost. Taking the plate off should only be 5 minutes. Easily recovered if you use a fumoto type drain valve.
yea I know but I just hate oil changes enough on this car that adding an eternal 5 minutes would end life as I know it. :)

I've never looked for one yet but I'm sure there is one somewhere. If not, [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] has a Fiesta ST as a shop car. If the demand is large enough, they could have one out in a fairly short amount of time. Actually coupled with their oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate, a filter relocation would be pretty awesome to complete the system. Could almost double the stock oil capacity with the right filter and everything else lol.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge
well if anybody can find one it would be you! it would sell like crazy.
I just changed my oil again last weekend and what a major PITA that filter location is. that's never gonna get easier.

And when has mishimoto ever gotten anything out in a "short amount of time" lol

yea I know but I just hate oil changes enough on this car that adding an eternal 5 minutes would end life as I know it. :)

well if anybody can find one it would be you! it would sell like crazy.
I just changed my oil again last weekend and what a major PITA that filter location is. that's never gonna get easier.

And when has mishimoto ever gotten anything out in a "short amount of time" lol
The oil filter uses 3/4-16UNF threads to the engine, so it shouldn't be to hard to find one that fits. I'm going to talk to Greddy and see if they can confirm fitment on their kit for me since they are in socal.

OP
S
Thread Starter #25
no cutout for oil changes :(
No, it is a solid piece of aluminum. But some of the others have mentioned ideas to get around that. And the plate is held on with several nuts between the front and rear. It doesn't take long at all to get it off.

OP
S
Thread Starter #27
I've never looked for one yet but I'm sure there is one somewhere. If not, [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] has a Fiesta ST as a shop car. If the demand is large enough, they could have one out in a fairly short amount of time. Actually coupled with their oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate, a filter relocation would be pretty awesome to complete the system. Could almost double the stock oil capacity with the right filter and everything else lol.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the idea of a remote filter set up. I am honestly kind of surprised they didn't add that as an option on their oil cooler kits. It seems like that is the natural progression, add the remote filter then oil cooler.

Get on it [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]...

OP
S
Thread Starter #28
The oil filter uses 3/4-16UNF threads to the engine, so it shouldn't be to hard to find one that fits. I'm going to talk to Greddy and see if they can confirm fitment on their kit for me since they are in socal.

Nice! Will you let us know what you find out?

I just found this thread, but I actually emailed them because I randomly found them during a google search.
I'm 99.9% sure it's the same company that test fitted their plate on StuttersC's car.
He sent me a few pictures and it looks good.

StuttersC: Did you talk to a *redacted*?

*redacted* said it weighs around 9.5lbs and should be in the $320 price range.
He also said he's totally game for a group buy. I'm getting more info from him today.

OP
S
Thread Starter #32
...StuttersC: Did you talk to a J.R. Kidd at Archetype Design and Fabrication?...
I didn't want throw out names in the thread because I didn't want to get zinged for violating rules or look like a plant from the company.

But, yep, J.R. was my point of contact with that company. They a good group of people to work with. They are active with the ST community in Colorado, which is pretty cool. And the skid plate is a solid piece of work.

OP
S
Thread Starter #34
Ok, I removed the names and stuff. I didn't realize there were rules about that.
You found them by searching the web and landed here. I'd figure that would be fine with the moderators.

I was the lucky guy who reached out to the company and was selected for the test fit. I think we are good as it was.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You found them by searching the web and landed here. I'd figure that would be fine with the moderators.

I was the lucky guy who reached out to the company and was selected for the test fit. I think we are good as it was.
The way I interpret the rules you're fine. You are not advertising per say just letting people know its out there. Similar to saying "I found this awesome oil filter relocation kit yous should check if yous are interested" (btw I have not but am looking) .

OP
S
Thread Starter #36
The way I interpret the rules you're fine. You are not advertising per say just letting people know its out there. Similar to saying "I found this awesome oil filter relocation kit yous should check if yous are interested" (btw I have not but am looking) .
Okay, cool. I wasn't sure if I'd be getting into "advertising" since I was the test subject and have a sort of vested interest in their success by default, a brand advocate I guess. I have seen other boards where being the test fitter made you an extension of the company and by that relationship any post with the company info became an ad. I don't belong to those boards anymore because they seemed to be really aggressive about stuff, and made it difficult to expand the community and knowledge about parts information.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Okay, cool. I wasn't sure if I'd be getting into "advertising" since I was the test subject and have a sort of vested interest in their success by default, a brand advocate I guess. I have seen other boards where being the test fitter made you an extension of the company and by that relationship any post with the company info became an ad. I don't belong to those boards anymore because they seemed to be really aggressive about stuff, and made it difficult to expand the community and knowledge about parts information.
LOL I was the test fitter for the one I have. Its my car he has pictures of.

OP
S
Thread Starter #38
I'm not sure what happened to OguNinja.

But, I'm still happy with the plate. There was an asphalt deformity (fissure) in the road near my house where they are doing construction. I had to center it as there were cars on both sides of the roadway, and trying anything else would mean a tire hit. I heard a gentle zing as the plate scraped towards the back edge. The back edge is about one inch or so lower than the front subframe.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Ya I hear gravel pinging off mine often enough. Biggest thing I hit was a raccoon. Clipped the air dam but got smacked by the plate. Much easier to clean the skid plate than the engine oil pan.

OP
S
Thread Starter #40
Ya I hear gravel pinging off mine often enough. Biggest thing I hit was a raccoon. Clipped the air dam but got smacked by the plate. Much easier to clean the skid plate than the engine oil pan.
Agreed!