Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Slave cylinder leaking

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Just don't tell them about it? Unless you already did, they'd likely not be able to tell / or would care.
I did not volunteer anything.

Also why didn't Ptuning replace the slave when the transmission was down for the LSD install? Its a $35 part that is well worth its cost to replace any time the transmission is out of the car.
Good question. I would venture to say: It was not leaking at the time of the LSD installation. They did not recommend it. The car has 10,385 miles. I didn't know the history of the cylinder failing for others, et cetera. It happened 5 days after the LSD. No fluid on the driveway. None in the HD parking lot at first, until I moved it back and forth by hand enough to pump it through. Or it was building up in the housing and then the hose seal went too, idk. I'm just glad it happened under warranty and hope the replacement is a different batch.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
These failures seem to be less of a "batch" issue and more of a "luck of the draw". Glad they covered it for you with no questions asked.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
These failures seem to be less of a "batch" issue and more of a "luck of the draw". Glad they covered it for you with no questions asked.
well, they did ask if the clutch was factory and said yes, factory clutch. yep, you said it...LUCK.....I seem to be missing a lot of that in life. lol

I'm having the exact same issue after replacing the master cylinder myself and the tip of the line looks the same. How did you fix this? Did you have to get a whole new line, or just replace that tip?

EDIT: For anyone reading this later, looks like the part needed is 7A512B: See on Ford.com
I ordered the new line. It was on backorder when I had the issue. Ordered it from 3 different places so I have a few extra. If you are in nc I got you. Screenshot_20210322-103843_Gallery.jpg

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Are you kidding me?!

"Good afternoon we got the clutch line. Test drove it , ABS light popped on for sensor malfunction. Ordered you a new sensor. Going to replace that as well. It will be here tomorrow morning. I will get it out to you. "

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are kidding me?!

"Good afternoon we got the clutch line. Test drove it , ABS light popped on for sensor malfunction. Ordered you a new sensor. Going to replace that as well. It will be here tomorrow morning. I will get it out to you. "

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Man one thing after another. Hope they get it taken care of without anymore unforeseen speed bumps.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I want it back so I can drive it up to Philly Thursday morning! I've driven it maybe 2-3 weeks of daily driving only since winter.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Got my car back today. In addition to the slave cylinder, housing hose and the ABS sensor that went off, they replaced the clutch disc since it was soaked with brake fluid. And then I go to page 3 and I'm like...what? Wiring harness chaffed near connector C2880C/4 wires damaged? Circuit CLS27 open. They replace all four wires - to the right, rear brake light. I walked back and asked, SINCE HE DIDN'T TELL ME, and he said there is a TSB on it. I looked now and do not see a TSB number on the pages. I can scan and add to the post later if needed. Anybody else with a 2019?

Now I have to drive like a real old person for 500 city miles to break in the disc. Work is only 10 miles each way. With the little driving I do on weekends, that is 5 weeks...lol I guess I'll be going for joy rides. I mean those old Sunday afternoon drives my stepfather did w/my mother when I was a youngin'...ugh. I went once or twice and asked to stay at home. I had it easy. That's when I got drunk my first time and the first time I got carbon monoxide poisoning from the gas heater. yay me!

Part arrived today and it took me longer to put everything back together than it did to install the tube. No leaks, but clutch is still snapping to the floor. Bled the FL and RR brakes and no bubbles, so not sure what’s going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part arrived today and it took me longer to put everything back together than it did to install the tube. No leaks, but clutch is still snapping to the floor. Bled the FL and RR brakes and no bubbles, so not sure what’s going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't mess with the brakes but my resovor didn't get low enough to effect brakes. I'd use the reverse bleed method. I did it one time and my pedal is perfect. All you need to do is pump brake fluid in thru the slave cylinder. Remove most of the fluid from the reservoir. Open the slave all the way up and connect hose from pump or bottle and fill up the reservoir nice and slow. I used this pump but a 20 oz bottle with a hose running thru the lid will work.
Screenshot_20210415-223155_Chrome.jpg

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
I successfully drove to philly and no issues thus far! It's in for its first lifetime alignment while we go the Habitat Restore.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk