Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Smalls (A Build)

OP
W
Thread Starter #21
Is that the dump pipe that you got connected to the downpipe?
Yea it just recirculates it back into the exhaust instead of dumping it so it doesn't go so loud under full boost.

Another Smalls! Welcome aboard. Here's me back in 2014:

My wife calls my Fiesta ST "Smalls". She had back surgery a couple years ago so every time we hit a bump she grumbles "Your killing me, Smalls". <br /><br />http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108037/ <br /><br />Needless to say I get a lot of solo time in the car.

OP
W
Thread Starter #27
Tuning still in progress but it is all installed, here are a few pics.

I have to say after having the ATP kit the fit and finish on this [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] kit is way better. Very artful work, its a shame it has to hide by the firewall.

thumb_IMG_1999_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2009_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2164_1024.jpg

OP
W
Thread Starter #31
Oh, he'll make it spool even earlier. He's a magician like that.
Actually having trouble keeping traction around 4500 rpm in 3rd now for a clean pull. On the top end it is over 300whp on pump.

Actually having trouble keeping traction around 4500 rpm in 3rd now for a clean pull. On the top end it is over 300whp on pump.
Impressive! The only time I had issues with that is when Russ was tuning 110 with AUX for the track, the whole way through 3rd it would break loose. 360-370whp ftw. How does your torque look?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yeah, I was getting there, but then I got Continental DW tires.

OP
W
Thread Starter #34
Impressive! The only time I had issues with that is when Russ was tuning 110 with AUX for the track, the whole way through 3rd it would break loose. 360-370whp ftw. How does your torque look?
Its hard to tell because I am getting a little bit of spin, whatever the correction would be it has peaked as high as 360tq at 4200rpm. I think there is still some work to do for a nice even tune. And then will move over to a vp101 tune.

OP
W
Thread Starter #35
I have the 225 D2 SS on, I have been doing pulls in the morning on the way to work, and its starting to get cold around here and the tires don't have much heat in them by the time I get to the pull road, hell I have to take a couple wrong turns just so the motor is warm enough.

I need wheels. After this winter I have plans lol. Still on the stock factory wheels and tires. [dunno]

Its hard to tell because I am getting a little bit of spin, whatever the correction would be it has peaked as high as 360tq at 4200rpm. I think there is still some work to do for a nice even tune. And then will move over to a vp101 tune.
360, thats hot.

OP
W
Thread Starter #37
I got a clean pull through 3rd today, looks like it is going to be settling in around 285-300 wheel torque @ ~4300

Have been pulling it back some to stay within safe limits but it has hit a max of 318whp @6300 running 28psi (300 @5400 rpm) with 93oct

I got a clean pull through 3rd today, looks like it is going to be settling in around 285-300 wheel torque @ ~4300

Have been pulling it back some to stay within safe limits but it has hit a max of 318whp @6300 running 28psi (300 @5400 rpm) with 93oct
Nice man! How does it feel? Also, what's it like compared to your old setup?

OP
W
Thread Starter #40
Nice man! How does it feel? Also, what's it like compared to your old setup?
Feels pretty strong, much better mid-range than before. It beats every performance metric than the old setup, only number that is worse is this one ... $$$