Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So Loaded Question But Need Opinions

I see all different brands of splash guards or rally mud flaps (seems the same just different name) so my question is: Is there a brand that is easier than another to install not so much on the front
but the rear video's I have been watching some you have to drill out a rivet and to be honest with my car only have 300 miles on it now I am not feeling drilling out anything. This will change as it
gets some miles on it and the newest wears off but for now would like to know of a brand that doesn't require you to out something. So I see many different brands on your cars is there one brand
that is easier than another or do all of them have you drilling out the rear rivet ?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have the rockblokz myself. Drilling out the river is not that big of a deal and the flaps are great quality. Bought them used AND been running them for almost 3 years with no issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

Same. I’ve had the RokBlokz for some time now and they’ve been great. I don’t like hacking my car up at all, the rivet was a non-issue to me, however.

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #4
Thank you all for the info will work on getting this mod done to give some protection to the side of the car. To bad Ford didn't have their engineering department designed a form fitting guard as an option for us to buy. I have had them on other cars in the past where they were painted to match the car and looked really good.

So what size do I need original or short version I say a ST focus the other day and what ever brand he had was 1 inch from the ground.. I didn't care for that look. What is the norm for our cars...( and I won't be doing any rally racing or ripping down dirt roads with it just FYI LOL )

Last edited:

Brianmc27

Thank you all for the info will work on getting this mod done to give some protection to the side of the car. To bad Ford didn't have their engineering department designed a form fitting guard as an option for us to buy. I have had them on other cars in the past where they were painted to match the car and looked really good.

So what size do I need original or short version I say a ST focus the other day and what ever brand he had was 1 inch from the ground.. I didn't care for that look. What is the norm for our cars...( and I won't be doing any rally racing or ripping down dirt roads with it just FYI LOL )
If you plan on lowering go with the short ones. If you stay stock, go regular.
Mine are the longer ones and I’m nervous to put springs on.

DangerMouse

I’m using the longer rockblockz and I’m lowered on swift springs. There is one spot in my inlaws neighborhood where the road has a couple big dips in it, gets the car a little bouncy, I barely scrape the front flaps over them. Its not much, cant even tell on the flaps, they are pretty durable. I put them on my wife’s subaru as well, that was an even easier install, no drilling. They are holding up well on both cars. I would definitely recommend them over rally armor. Ive used rally armor in the past and I didn’t care for the floppy look. Only thing I would like from rockblockz would be color matched washers for the mounting hardware. The black stands out too much on her white flaps, not that big of a deal with my orange flaps.

pixelzombie

Rokblokz are the way to go, in my opinion. I made a bit of an effortpost about it here: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/my-experience-with-rokblokz-mudlfaps.20591/#post-353358

I don't really know of a FIST-specific kit that doesn't involve drilling out the rivet, but it's seriously not an issue. If you ever take the flaps off, you can simply replace the rivets with two-stage push pins like this:
Thanks for the info, the price of the RokBlokz is more reasonable than the custom RA flaps.
Are these the RA Universal flaps you mentioned in your review? RA Universal flaps
They seem very basic without any mounting hardware.

pixelzombie

I see all different brands of splash guards or rally mud flaps (seems the same just different name) so my question is: Is there a brand that is easier than another to install not so much on the front
but the rear video's I have been watching some you have to drill out a rivet and to be honest with my car only have 300 miles on it now I am not feeling drilling out anything. This will change as it
gets some miles on it and the newest wears off but for now would like to know of a brand that doesn't require you to out something. So I see many different brands on your cars is there one brand
that is easier than another or do all of them have you drilling out the rear rivet ?
I also need mud flaps and found this video which might help you out: Rally Armor mud flaps