Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: Euro spec headlights (used - Germany)

Trader history for alex98uk (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling my Euro spec headlights, originally from a German car (beam patten for LHD). I am moving to the UK with my car, so i'm switching to RHD beam pattern lights and thus won't be using these.

Looking for $550 USD incl. postage to mainland US. I can also check for other countries if needs be. One stipulation, I will ship *on* the 24th or 25th January once my car arrives in the UK. I am listing them early as it takes a bit extra time to arrange courier pickup etc from my house!

Car has been kept in an underground private garage for it's life, so headlights are in good nick.

PM me :)

Photos to show DRL, dipped beam, main beam and indicators.

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
Do they use the same bulbs as the usdm?
Hi, they use H7 for dipped beam and H15 for main beam.

I have been using Osram 130% H7 Nightbreakers. They are a tad brighter than the stock bulbs.

Hi, they use H7 for dipped beam and H15 for main beam.

I have been using Osram 130% H7 Nightbreakers. They are a tad brighter than the stock bulbs.
Is dipped your projectors or what we call low beam? And what your calling main is our high/brighter beam?

And that sucks. I'll have to buy new led or hid since us models use h11

Also what turn signal bulbs do you use?

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Is dipped your projectors or what we call low beam? And what your calling main is our high/brighter beam?

And that sucks. I'll have to buy new led or hid since us models use h11

Also what turn signal bulbs do you use?
Yeah, sorry dipped=low beam (green dashboard light), main beam = high beam (blue light on dash).

Here are the specs from the manual:

Front direction indicator: PY21W
Headlamp high beam: H15
Headlamp low beam: H7
Front fog lamp: H11

The LED strip is built into the unit, but i've not seen them fail before.

There are some guides online to convert wiring on USDM cars to use Euro headlights. I believe it's required since USDM didn't get LED DRL.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-headlight-bulbs-and-LED-running-light-wiring

Wiring won't be an issue, I can just add a circuit. However I think the pins need re mapping to work properly. I want these really bad but I can't start a new project atm.
Your price is great and I think you'll get these sold, glws.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Wiring won't be an issue, I can just add a circuit. However I think the pins need re mapping to work properly. I want these really bad but I can't start a new project atm.
Cheers, let me know if you change your mind :D

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
These cars should have came with these headlights as standard equipment, or at minimum as an option.

Why, Ford, why did we not get factory projectors?!

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
These cars should have came with these headlights as standard equipment, or at minimum as an option.

Why, Ford, why did we not get factory projectors?!
Unfortunately, I think there were as number of downgrades from the euro to model to the us model.

Headlights, 2 step seat heating, auto dimming mirrors etc...

I can only think it's because the European market has a lot more competition from Renault, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Citroen etc... All doing their own hot hatches. So, it was necessary to develop a higher level base trim.

But hey, here's your chance to score some awesome German spec headlights :D

I will also ship with a small German surprise inside !

I installed a set of these in my car and you only need to move one pin in the connector so that the LED strip comes on as the running lights, but it's not on if you have your headlight switch turned off. That being said, I've never really messed with repinning a connector and I was able to get the first side done in about 10 minutes and the second in 5 minutes. As long as you have a pick set (3.49 from harbor freight) it's really easy and these are a great upgrade with just some nicer halogen bulbs.

I installed a set of these in my car and you only need to move one pin in the connector so that the LED strip comes on as the running lights, but it's not on if you have your headlight switch turned off. That being said, I've never really messed with repinning a connector and I was able to get the first side done in about 10 minutes and the second in 5 minutes. As long as you have a pick set (3.49 from harbor freight) it's really easy and these are a great upgrade with just some nicer halogen bulbs.
That's the easy part, the hard part comes from knowing my self, I'll need new led bulbs and take the lenses apart and paint them. The main reason I'm not buying these is I'm saving up for some wheels. Don't get me wrong I really want these lights but just can't afford a project atm

OP
A
Thread Starter #17
are these still available friend?
Yes they are for now.

There is one person I'm dealing with over PM now however. But feel free to ping me a message and if they're still available, I'll let you know.

That's not cool. I wake up and was going to send PayPal because we had a deal and I was first in line... then you swoop in? Definitely ngtg...

OP
A
Thread Starter #20
I'm sorry, but I waited for you as per your last pm. I told the other chap you were first too.

When nothing had come through, i proceeded with the other guy.

From my side, I've already had other people saying they'll pay and nothing happened. I have to go with first come, first served.

I'm sorry about that, but I had to take the opportunity when I didnt hear more from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.