Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Sparco Assetto Gara 16x7 with Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 205/45R16

Trader history for gerhske12 (0)

gerhske12

Hey everyone, parted ways with the FIST and have my summer wheel set for sale. They were bought in March 2023 and driven roughly 7000 miles. TPMS installed and black lug nuts included. Can also include the TPMS programming tool. Looking for $1000 or best offer. Pickup in the Boston area.
IMG_8364.jpg IMG_8363.jpg IMG_8361.jpg IMG_8359.jpg IMG_8366.jpg IMG_8365.jpg IMG_8357.jpg

LucasHigh

Premium Account
where did you buy that tire, I am having trouble finding a sustainable tire in 205/45/16 or 215/45/16

LucasHigh

Premium Account

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
215+45+ZR16 - Tire Streets
just found the same tires for a fraction of that price
$58 per tire is absurd
Yes, I have seen those in the past, and there was even a member on here who installed them, but I don't recall him posting any feedback/reviews of them. [:(]

I would take a chance on them IF I could get over the no name/cheap off brand name stigma they carry.

But given that Nexen, Kumho, Nitto, Federal, and Zestino were also once viewed in that very same jaundiced/askance biased way, maybe I am being too harsh and judgemental? [dunno]

It would cost more than the tires do to mount/balance them, and then dismount them if these turned out to be pure crap (on top of the extra chances then given to a shop gorilla to gouge/scrape satin black 16x8 Dekagrams! [wink]), given what the shops charge around here for a quality mount and balance. [:(]

LucasHigh

Premium Account
I have some techs who always mount my monthly tires for free, i might give them a shot later on... i have some 200tw tires i want to try first

Dialcaliper

Yes, I have seen those in the past, and there was even a member on here who installed them, but I don't recall him posting any feedback/reviews of them. [:(]

I would take a chance on them IF I could get over the no name/cheap off brand name stigma they carry.

But given that Nexen, Kumho, Nitto, Federal, and Zestino were also once viewed in that very same jaundiced/askance biased way, maybe I am being too harsh and judgemental? [dunno]

It would cost more than the tires do to mount/balance them, and then dismount them if these turned out to be pure crap (on top of the extra chances then given to a shop gorilla to gouge/scrape satin black 16x8 Dekagrams! [wink]), given what the shops charge around here for a quality mount and balance. [:(]
So far, only second hand knowledge of some people who use the Acceleras

The Phi are supposedly “surprisingly okay for a budget tire” in dry conditions, but pretty terrible in the wet. Certainly no Conti or Bridgestone.

The 651 Sport are apparently popular drift tires because they’re cheap and reasonably sticky. The feedback I’m hearing is that they’re about as grippy as a first generation 200TW (think RT615K, RS3), but don’t have quite the longevity and heat resistance those tires were famous for, which basically makes them okay for cheap, sticky street tires, that will hold up to light track use.

FYI Accelera (Indonesia) is a budget sub brand of Apollo Tire (India)the same company that owns Vredestein (Netherlands). So kind of like a poor man’s Falken. Except the “good” Falken tires are still made in Japan. Take from that whatever you will.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The feedback I’m hearing is that they’re about as grippy as a first generation 200TW (think RT615K, RS3), but don’t have quite the longevity and heat resistance those tires were famous for, which basically makes them okay for cheap, sticky street tires, that will hold up to light track use.
In your opinion are the Yok AD09s also considered to be in that 200 tread wear '2nd tier' (not as absolutely 'gumball' as the RT660s, Nankang CR-S V2, and Yok A052s, etc., but much better longevity/endurance for street use) tires, while also not mandating a 20 MPH pace in standing water on the streets due to (at least slightly) better rain grooves than said other stickies?? [dunno]

Dialcaliper

In your opinion are the Yok AD09s also considered to be in that 200 tread wear '2nd tier' (not as absolutely 'gumball' as the RT660s, Nankang CR-S V2, and Yok A052s, etc., but much better longevity/endurance for street use) tires, while also not mandating a 20 MPH pace in standing water on the streets due to (at least slightly) better rain grooves than said other stickies?? [dunno]
The AD09’s also don’t have a great tread pattern for rain (but I’ve never driven them). Generally longitudinal grooves are good enough for damp conditions, but diagonal slashes are needed to actually evacuate water from under the tire. Most 200TW tires don’t have much of that, as it makes the tread squirmy.

20Mph is an over exaggeration. More like issues with standing water over 50-60mph (at least with full tread). I’d equate it with driving with all-seasons in snow instead of proper snow tires. If you’re prepared for it and driving with appropriate caution, you’ll be fine.

The most useful division I’ve seen in the world of 200TW tires is the one grassroots motorsports uses - a split between “super 200’s” that prioritize performance at the expense of life, and “endurance 200’s” that keep decent pace with extended wear life. Pretty much any 200TW tire is going to involve compromises somewhere.

Incredibly useful guide:
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/track-tire-buyers-guide/
Note: wet performance here they’re talking about damp/wet track surface, but not standing water.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The most useful division I’ve seen in the world of 200TW tires is the one grassroots motorsports uses - a split between “super 200’s” that prioritize performance at the expense of life, and “endurance 200’s” that keep decent pace with extended wear life.
That's exactly what I was asking about, just that they (GM) use different descriptors than I did for their 'categories'. [thumb]

Yes, I used to have a subscription to GM in the past for many years, but got away from them when everything became only about Miatas, Hondas, and Bimmers with much reduced (or non-existent) U.S. rally coverage/articles. [:(]