Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Speakers upgrade only - is it worth it?

danbfree

2000 Post Club
I ran into something strange with my car. I went to disable Sirius XM and the Sony sound processing but according the spreadsheet, the Sony sound processing was already turned off. The hex value that needed to be changed was "2". I changed it to "0" and confirmed that the Sirius XM source was removed.

George
Me too. The value “2” that turns off Sony sound processing was already entered on my hex value too. I have a 2017, and I downloaded the As Built spec sheet, and confirmed that it came that way. I guess they figured out that the sound was better without it.

By the way, I was successful with a USB adapter to get it all working. I now have the ST splash screen and the climate control on the touch screen now.
Not every car had the same setting there, in other spreadsheets out there it says to take two off, so if you had a 2 to start with then make it zero, so that's correct... So Joey, if you left it at 2 you need to make it 0.

Ford ST

0= removal of satellite radio I thought? If I want to keep satellite radio and disable sound processing it would equal 2= ?
I just looked at the giant f150 spreadsheet and it says this as well?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Not every car had the same setting there, in other spreadsheets out there it says to take two off, so if you had a 2 to start with then make it zero, so that's correct... So Joey, if you left it at 2 you need to make it 0.
I can try that. The spreadsheet I have says:

2: Sirius Enabled, Sony Disabled
0: Sirius Disabled, Sony Disabled

I don’t need Sirius- I only use it through my iPhone app via CarPlay. But I would like to make sure Sony is disabled, so I’ll try it.

I don’t need Sirius- I only use it through my iPhone app via CarPlay. But I would like to make sure Sony is disabled, so I’ll try it.
When you try out all the different settings, please update the Fiesta spreadsheet with your findings without deleting any existing data (others have deleted some data from cells).

danbfree

2000 Post Club

Here is what the F-150 spreadsheet says, it's what we used before [MENTION=9468]kenweise[/MENTION] was kind enough to make a Fiesta specific one.
7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xxxx - Removes Sirius from audio sources (decrement your value where the asterisk is by 2; if you have an "A" make it "8", if you have "2" make it "0")
7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xxxx - Sony Sound Processor: A=enabled, 2=disabled

So basically just make it a "0" to make sure both are disabled but for those who really want at least Sirius can try the other options.

And here is the document link to the F-150 settings if you want to experiment more and then as Ken says, feel free to add things you've tried to the Fiesta spreadsheet just don't delete anything. Notice all the different tabs, while we have most of the modules, many of the individual settings won't apply to us.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit

danbfree

2000 Post Club
So which is a tried and proven cord with USB & OBD2 to connect to a windows computer?
Literally any with 4 stars or above on amazon, don't overspend... if your laptop has Bluetooth, that works great too, I ended having both after getting a wired one years ago, didn't know where it was when I wanted to do my FiST and ordered a BT one as well, then tried the wired one again too... So wired and Bluetooth are great but WiFi you'll run into issues.

TyphoonFiST

4000 Post Club