Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec-D Aftermarket Tail Lights?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Cool. The housing may be made in Taiwan, the LED boards and lighting itself, thats a different story. Good to know about the female connector. You gonna try to make one and put it on the shop car?
I have a set of Osram on my orange car and the OEM Euro's on my Magnetic at the moment

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Got any pics or details on the harness that needed to be made?
used 4 OEM light harnesses from the dealer
cut the male connector ends off all 4 of them
left 12" of wire (6" per end) total
soldered the wires together just matching the colors

connect one end to euro light, the other to your OEM wire connector in the hatch
easier than re-pinning spec-d's honestly

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
To anyone wondering, I bought my Spec-Ds preowned from a forum member (or Facebook, I don't remember) and they've been working great! They were also already repined so I didn't have to bother with that. If I remember correctly the Osrams are quite expensive. I would recommend the Spec-Ds in my personal experience.
1584386209687.png

TDavis

1000 Post Club
used 4 OEM light harnesses from the dealer
cut the male connector ends off all 4 of them
left 12" of wire (6" per end) total
soldered the wires together just matching the colors

connect one end to euro light, the other to your OEM wire connector in the hatch
easier than re-pinning spec-d's honestly
Gotcha! Any pics of them on the car and working?

That's funny, those are my pictures Ron used on his site that he took from this forum.

I've had these taillights for 20k miles now with no issues at all. Not a single LED has gone given out on me so far. I live in Florida where it rains a lot and they don't show any signs of water in them.

They are a bit dim in direct sunlight but when you break they are nice and bright! I've been very happy with my set.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
What part of Florida? Is that a wing extender or what wing is that?

Osram makes OEM HID ballasts, LED headlight assemblies, bulbs, and other modules. They have made high quality headlights for VWs that my friends have that I've seen. I've had my run with Spec-D lights before on previous vehicles and have had either LEDs burn out, LEDs aren't even that bright, water intrusion, or they work fine but then crap out a year or two later. Now that Osram makes a set I'll go that route. I've seen unboxings and someone in the US on the FiST FB page who has them and I lovem. Just because something looks the same doesn't mean the quality of materials is the same.

I do also have a friend with a grey FiST who has the clear smoked versions of the Spec-D's and I don't really think the turn signal is that bright and the brake lights can barely be seen in direct sunlight
That's just the Euro aftermarket for ya. There's actually a market there for quality aftermarket lighting there. VW owners will actually pay for a quality product, and as such, they exist. Shame VW can't make a reliable car to save their lives, but I digress...

If there's one thing I miss about my mk6 GTI (other than the interior) it's the aftermarket lighting options.The only issue I had with tossing quality aftermarket HID projectors and LED tails on that car was the wait list for said products to actually be in stock. Ford land? Only headlight option is a custom retrofit. Tail lights? Defective POS junk that needs to be re-pinned, re-gasketed, re-glued, and doesn't even fit after doing all that. I suppose OEM euro LED tails are an option, but I don't really care about LEDs... I just want a set of 'smoked' tail lights. Coolio looking LEDs would just be an added bonus. Euro world I could get both at the same time. Ford world, all I get is disappointment.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That's just the Euro aftermarket for ya. There's actually a market there for quality aftermarket lighting there. VW owners will actually pay for a quality product, and as such, they exist. Shame VW can't make a reliable car to save their lives, but I digress...

If there's one thing I miss about my mk6 GTI (other than the interior) it's the aftermarket lighting options.The only issue I had with tossing quality aftermarket HID projectors and LED tails on that car was the wait list for said products to actually be in stock. Ford land? Only headlight option is a custom retrofit. Tail lights? Defective POS junk that needs to be re-pinned, re-gasketed, re-glued, and doesn't even fit after doing all that. I suppose OEM euro LED tails are an option, but I don't really care about LEDs... I just want a set of 'smoked' tail lights. Coolio looking LEDs would just be an added bonus. Euro world I could get both at the same time. Ford world, all I get is disappointment.
I have no problem making a retrofit for headlights. I've done it on my other car that I currently have.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I love LEDs and hate smoked tails, half the time you can't see the persons tail lights because they've smoked them so much. The look and function of the Osram I love.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Does anyone know if the Euro OEM MK7.5 ('14-17?)LED tail lights fit? Is it like the 08-'12 SPEC D that just require the post removal and re-pin, or do they just don't work, period?

Last edited:
It's been talked about before....just get these.

TOAUTO 2 x 1156 LED Bulbs White Super Bright 1200 Lumens 3030 Chips with Projector 7506 1003 1073 1141 BA15S Car LED Lamp For Back Up Reverse Lights Tail Lights RV Lights Brake Lights 6000K 12V-24V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751BJMB9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_q0NPBb65E2S5E

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Hey Typhoon I bought these off of amazon. The passenger side works, but the driver does not. Is it as simple as taking the bulb out / turning it / and putting it back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey Typhoon I bought these off of amazon. The passenger side works, but the driver does not. Is it as simple as taking the bulb out / turning it / and putting it back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They may be polarity sensitive*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk