Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sprint booster

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
So, I come across this thing: https://www.sprintbooster.com/

Whether it "works" is not the question that I have - my question is whether this specifically (the allegedly "slow" throttle body response to accelerator input) is addressed in most common tunes already?
Anyone has an answer to that?

Yes, pretty much all those features listed on their website is tailored into an aftermarket tune. Especially throttle response.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I had a Stratified tune with aggressive throttle response. It was too aggressive. I also had a linear response one and that was too laggy. I like that I can control throttle response with this device and be able to adjust it for different circumstances. I watched a few reviews on commietube and I am going to buy one .

green_henry

1000 Post Club
By all accounts that I've read in the Honda/Acura forums, they definitely work, but they're super pricey for what they are.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Hmm... So, if this is already included in the tune maps (setting aside the issue of whether the tune has an 'aggressive' setting for the throttle response), I don't quite see any value added from my perspective. If it were inexpensive, then - perhaps, but for $249, I think I will pass. I have tuning software from Cobb, so perhaps I could look a bit further into their tables.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Change of heart and here is why: I looked at a bunch of YT stuff, and it seems to work, plus it offers a 30-day MBG. However, the kicker is this - I feel like I got the "Bank Error in Your Favor" card, as it came up on Amazon for $188 instead of the list price of $299.. Any subsequent clicks wouldn't show the $188 price anymore... So, we'll see if it actually arrives, and what - if anything- it will do to the 0-60 times. I will post.

There are vehicle specific ones and there is the universal one. Which one did YOU click on?

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
There are vehicle specific ones and there is the universal one. Which one did YOU click on?
*I* clicked on the one for the Dodge Ram truck. Should I not have? Have faith, bruv. The same model number as their site showed for Fiesta.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
So, first impressions.
For starters, I got the part (and it is correct as far as their site goes), but it won't mate EXACTLY with the OEM throttle harness. That is, it engages, but not firmly, and I had to use zip ties to keep it in place (otherwise, no throttle :cry:). I was a bit skeptical, especially give the fitment issue...

But - I have to say, the results are quite impressive (for now, using the butt dyno). You can change the setting on the fly, and let me tell you - the difference between the 'off" and "street' and "race" states is not just subtle, it is sledge-hammer obvious. It's like somebody actually refitted the gas pedal with a cable - as you switch the inputs, the car responds instantaneously. It goes as a 'stabbed rat', to borrow Capt Slow's expression. It's not an increase in power, obviously, it's the delivery of it. I was astounded as to how much difference it made. I will do a few 0-60s in all 3 states using my AP, and post the numbers.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
These were really popular with Fiat owners because the stock throttle response was aaaaawful. With the FiST you can have your tuner calibrate your throttle response, so the only real use-case is:
a) You are untuned but want to change your throttle "progression", or
b) You are tuned and want to micro-manage your throttle "progression".

With the Fiats they were almost mandatory, with the FiST, once tuned, I *personally* don't have an issue with it, but to each their own. Even the FiST stock throttle calibration was exponentially better than the stock Fiat one.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Can't compare it to the Fiat, but - I am running stage 3 Cobb OTA tune. So, clearly, Cobb didn't bother tuning that out. And, I don't really care for the 9 (nine, Carl!!) different stages of "Street" and "Race" modes. I am a binary guy in that sense - so, in the highest setting on either mode, the difference is DRAMATIC (all caps for emphasis). Not micromanaging, it is like dripping turpentine on your anus (I would imagine...)