Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spyshots: 2017 Ford Fiesta Test Mule Previews Wider Body

First thing, its a 5 door and European license plate.

I heard the reason why we didn't get a 3 door is that the front door openings are too big to easily pass the required US crash testing. It makes sense that something similar is happening in Europe and they need to test the 5 door to replace the 3 door.

The wart on the rear bumper looks like one of two things to me, either it is a ballast or it is covering up new equipment.

If it is a ballast, they might be doing suspension tuning for a Fiesta platform mini SUV or something. If it is extra equipment, what might that be? I have my fingers crossed for a hybrid version battery pack. I don't know what else they might put back there that is bigger than the spare tire well.

I don't think this is a prototype for a next generation Fiesta body/chassis because there is too much old car in it.

I don't think this is a prototype for a next generation Fiesta body/chassis because there is too much old car in it.
It's not a prototype yet, that's just a "test mule".....

The same thing goes for this one, just a "test mule" of Next Gen Focus (2018MY) :

Or if you can remember, we also saw this "test mule" (Mondeo Third Gen) for the Fusion 2013MY

The Good News? We will see the actual "Fiesta prototypes" very shortly [driving]

OK, test mule.

What are they testing for? Increased track at the front only doesn't make much sense for a production car (short of a Honda Insight) and ballast or testing new hardware in the rear bumper doesn't tell us anything about the real packaging.

I think it is as likely a test mule for a mini-SUV as a next generation Fiesta.

OK, test mule.

What are they testing for? Increased track at the front only doesn't make much sense for a production car (short of a Honda Insight) and ballast or testing new hardware in the rear bumper doesn't tell us anything about the real packaging.

I think it is as likely a test mule for a mini-SUV as a next generation Fiesta.
You may be right... I saw something on the Internet about a replacement for the Ecosport, however that replacement would be based on the new Fiesta (not in the current one) so....

Well... a week ago I saw a "leaked image" on a Brazilian website (There's a "Fiesta Launch" happening right now in Brazil) of what the next Ford Fiesta would look.

We already know that it will look wider and longer, but IMO that image looks "completely Photoshoped" :/ (I mean, that's a Fusion front end!!!..) however a source told me that "it MAY look like that", but I don't know...
Also, it says something about a "Vignale" version (Platinum for the US) which would compete with more luxurious subcompacts (I was about to say "i.e. Audi A1" but you guys don't get that Audi).

(In case this were all true, I would have mixed feelings about the design)
Source: http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com....esma-plataforma-e-pode-ganhar-versao-vignale/
The greenhouse looks like a Honda CR-V/HR-V. This is not a compliment.

well it looks like ford made some fender flares can someone else do this please so we can buy some