Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Certificate Of Authenticity

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ford sent me a letter that said I am in luck and can 'upgrade' mt ST with a new ecosport se. Upgrade? Really? an Ecosport? LOL. The FIST is the funnest car to own, their mistake is they never marketed it correctly.
There was from inception of a USA FiST no expectancy of a high sales volume here. How would you suggest they had marketed a car that was .00135% of Ford's new car sales the year I bought mine in 2016? There was from the looks of it very little Marketing budget but the Car Mags and TV shows did the marketing for them to reach the niche buyers like us. Ford knew it was a loser in the USA when they allowed a few of us to get one. When nobody (unless totally stupid) paid list price and with large rebates and financing deals to even sell what FiST's they built they sold only about 3200 per year. Some Atlanta dealers had leftover '18's deep into '19. The killer here was the fact Americans do not buy manual transmissions, but now in the EU/UK you can get a Focus ST with and automatic. Ford's marketing worked on my family as a Mustang GT was not even on my wife's list of cars (BMW or AMG MB) to replace her DD until after loving my FiST but needing an auto due to knee surgery. She drove a Coyote and it was all over. So yes, Ford accomplished providing an entry level Ford Performance vehicle to us car nuts. They more than made up any sales loss on my FiST by the outrageous mark-up on the Mustang (or RS for some) my wife purchased due to our FiST experience. We love our cars....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ford SVT & ST Fiesta ST News 12