Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST150

OP
R
Thread Starter #21
That’s a beautiful looking ST150! Welcome to the forum.

Since you’re in GB, Pumaspeed does appear to have reasonably good aftermarket support for the ST150.

I’d say with that kind of mileage, you’re on the right track with updating the suspension. However, with the knowledge that the Mk6 suspension running gear is actually quite similar to the Mk7 and Mk8, unless you really like the look of the car lowered, the Eibachs are generally not an actual performance improvement, and are designed as an upgrade to the base model fiesta. If you like the handling now, consider installing the Bilsteins but retaining the original ST150 springs.

The one thing suspiciously absent from Pumaspeed’s catalog is sway bars (aka anti-roll bars) which I’d do before (possibly instead of) changing the springs, which don’t really wear out like the shocks do. Sway bars for the Mk6 can be had from DNA, Ultra Racing or Corksport and provide a noticable performance improvement. That said, the Mk7 uses identical sway bars, so you can use those as well (I actually have a UR Mk6 front sway bar on my USA car, which is essentially comparable to a 5-door Mk7.5 ST180. Start with just the rear bar and see if you like it, as the front bar is a big job to replace.

Not as familiar with the mk6 gearbox which is the IB5 similar to the earlier focus, but the cable swap is a good first step, as the UK cars (at least the ST180) for some reason do not have a center adjustment like the US cars and have to be replaced if they eventually stretch out.
Awsome reply. Many thanks. Dya know what id been looking at rear sway bar since seeing a video on the whiteline adjustable bar fitted to the st150 so thanks for pointing me in that direction. Good point about the shox and springs. See thats why forums like this are so important to owners and modders alike. Sometimes it takes someone just to point out the obvious. I guess the eibachs will be going on ebay. I think the only reason i went with them is that the majority of owners would rather eat their own foot than look at an st150 with its normal stance where according to them you could drive a bus through the gap so as it was a ford approved item i simply went with the crowd but thanks for stopping me and pointing out what should of been staring me in the face. I.ll look up the sway bars you mention and get some shox on order to as you say retain the ford springs. As for pumaspeed, i too have been looking at their builds and like what theyve got to say for themselves. Theyve done all the hard work and sell just about anything for all marques of st. I guess we have to support these companies or they'll go to the wall and then what would we do. I like what they sell and theyre not overly expensive if like me you just want to take your time and get it right. Interesting what you say about them cables. I never knew that about the ctr adjustment being absent on uk models. Again i bow to your better judgement and they will be replaced within the next month or so. Thanks for taking the time to answer and to get me thinking differently about the suspension etc. I know what im doing now. All the best. Martin

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll be in that neck of the woods in June, so I might just pass by and see what's going on. Wonder if they've got any freebies they want to get rid of?

OP
R
Thread Starter #24
ANYTHING with a Millington installed is going to be HUGE $$$$$$ (or pounds). [wink] [:(]
Omg your not kidding are you. Ive just had a look. Ive got some research to do. Im learning more from people in another country than i would ever of done from my own. Im truly greatful im learning a lot and im starting to see from the advice given and the things im being taught which direction im going in with my build. Im so pleased i joined.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I should know about this company. I'm originally from a seaside town in Mid Wales, down the coast from Pwllheli. Wales isn't always about sheep and rugby!

OP
R
Thread Starter #26
I should know about this company. I'm originally from a seaside town in Mid Wales, down the coast from Pwllheli. Wales isn't always about sheep and rugby!
I love wales and im not just saying that to show you respect. Ive got fond memories of a holiday in wales where i travelled from Bekesbourne near Canterbury in a mini clubman built in 1970 so im hardened to the suspension in the st. The only problem i found whilst sightseeing in wales was the transverse engine and the constant rain didnt mix and i spent a lot of the holiday at the side of the road drying the electrics which was great fun 😀.isnt it funny how we forget how bad cars used to be when were sat in our supersonic air conditioned missiles of today. 3 cheers to ford at least for making good dependable cars for the people for decades now. Lets face it you cant kill a ford ive tried. Few years back had a 1.6 focus as a stop gap car and ragged it everywhere for months. Had the most fun ive had in a car not worrying if something went bang but it didnt it just dutifully started and propelled me at full throttle everywhere. Talking of full throttle reminds me of Millington and any freebies on offer will be mine cos ive got a head start lol. Nice talking to you rallytaff. All the best. Martin