Stage 3 minus catback?

Member ID
What's up guys I'm new here and I am picking up a 2015 ST in about a week... My question is... Anyone running a Cobb stage 3 or similar minus the catback? I am loving the fun factor of these cars but at 36 years old I could do without the added noise and I'm guessing that a catback won't add much horsepower at these levels anyway... Feedback would be awesome...thanks!

fST

Member ID
You could go with the Milltek Resonated Sport Exhaust. It's barely louder than stock.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I think you'll be fine. Worst case scenario you'll lose a bit of power but not much if you keep the exhaust stock but replace the downpipe and FMIC.

Member ID
I run Stage 3 with the stock CBE and have zero issues. Some have said you lose a little bit performance when running Stage 3 with stock CBE but I have not run across any straight comparisons which definitively show that. If there is a lose in performance I cannot image it being more than 2%.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Member ID
Welcome and as stated you should be fine ..

Member ID
I'm also running stage 3 with the stock catback. No issues.

Member ID
There should be no gain from any catback on any car.. other than sound.
Unless you change the headers/manifold or downpipe or remove the cat itself you are doing nothing but changing the sound. The only case where a catback might give a few extra HP would be if the stock piping was too undersized but even then without changing the upstream restriction a catback does nothing.