Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering rack bushing upgrade

Can anyone provide feedback on this mod? I know Alexthemachinist made aluminum and delrin bushings. Are there any other choices? I need to find some while my car is apart and Alex takes too long for me right now. TIA

Extremely necromantic reply, but I wanted to pipe up, because not a lot of people have these. I got his aluminum ones and finally was able to get them in a few weeks ago.
Are you or you + good friends you can bribe with pizza okay with dropping a steering rack. If so do it * 1000. My only mods are wheels/tires, RMM, side mount inserts, and these bushings, and it feels dialed the ^&*(# in now. The steering loads up like an old car whose steering people miss. It feels better and more precise, too. Vibration is almost nil even with aluminum ones. For minimal cost and negligible downside, you get feedback to match response.
Dropping the steering rack was a stone cold nightmare for me, so I wound up having my mechanic do it. Still worth it (to me).

I have the Delrin ones, not made well with regard to dimensions as the center steel bushing is much shorter than the delrin bushings once installed on the rack, so it’s sort of a mess, so I would say get them from somewhere else other than Alexthemachine. Having said that they work well, best time to change is if you’re dropping the subframe anyway for perhaps a swaybar change or LSD upgrade.

Ford Community Posts