Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First test product on the way, steering rack bushings:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have wanted to replace the bushings since I bought the car, it will help with more feedback I hope but for sure will help with more accurate steering response. I have a set on the way to test fit, as soon as I know they are correct I will start a GB on them, they will be quite affordable and not to difficult to install(I hope:)

I have done this on quite a few cars and never once had more steering harshness, vibration, etc.....just better steering.

Sorry no pics yet, will post when I get them in and tested.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have wanted to replace the bushings since I bought the car, it will help with more feedback I hope but for sure will help with more accurate steering response. I have a set on the way to test fit, as soon as I know they are correct I will start a GB on them, they will be quite affordable and not to difficult to install(I hope:)

I have done this on quite a few cars and never once had more steering harshness, vibration, etc.....just better steering.

Sorry no pics yet, will post when I get them in and tested.
Great idea...I'm in as long as we're not talking solid metal bushings, lol. Just something firmer. Keep us updated!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
The stock "rubber" bushings are fairly firm but do allow some movement, the ones I will have are delrin so can be called solid but I have had billet aluminum ones in other cars and never an issue with them, not even sure why the car was not made with solid ones(street and race vettes)

If the first one does not fit I will get the info he needs and then have a new one made asap.

For any reason we need a car at the shop to do anything with to make this work, they get smoking deal, of course, on all the smaller parts, free, on costly parts, the best deal we can and below cost, of course!

If I did not have two trips back to back I would be moving much faster on this but I am working in the background on other parts, GB's, etc....

Thanks for the interest in this, great to have true enthusiasts that understand real performance mods:)

Rick

Chuckable

Did anything ever come of this new part? Seems like it would be a relatively easy and productive mod.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I need to follow up on this as have not received them yet, will update when I do.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Just got word, they will be shipped so there when I get back on the 19th and I will test fit them asap.