Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Dampers+Swift Springs or Stock Springs+Koni Yellows?

I bent the stock end links in a few days. I am running an Eibach front bar, maybe that had something to do with it? No issues with the Whitelines other than some clunking I am still trying to adjust out.

Like the title says. Pros/cons of both. Car is used for DD and autocross. I'm not too concerned about classing since I run local events that don't have SCCA classing. Looking to hear opinions on both. thanks in advanced
I am running stock coils and Koni Sport dampers all four corners. Harshness is greatly reduced without ruining the handling. Plus, the Koni Sport is a rebuildable item! Our dampers are far more likely to be damaged by a pothole impact than by normal wear and tear. IMG_20190926_133250.jpg IMG_20190926_133224.jpg

I ran Konis and Stock springs for a while. It is a great setup and can do a lot. I am now on Swift springs with the Konis and honestly, I think its too low. I had a lot of rubbing issues that I had to sort, and you cant go to Swifts without adding new tie rod ends sway bar end links too. I deal with it because I want the added performance on the track, but for a DD that races occasionally, stock springs and Konis is a much better option.
New as in OEM or OEM replacement new or aftermarket new, like upgrading to the Whitelines or Swift/DNA sway bar links?

I don't think anyone mentioned this about the Koni Yellows, you can forget about easily adjusting them before or after an event. We just don't have the clearance in the front to put on the adjuster AND see what your doing. I'm on B6 now with Swift in the front and I rather like them.
Also, since I did blow out a Koni Yellow, does anyone know who rebuilds them - might be a good idea having them as backups or to resell than just having them sitting on a shelf.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I don't think anyone mentioned this about the Koni Yellows, you can forget about easily adjusting them before or after an event. We just don't have the clearance in the front to put on the adjuster AND see what your doing. I'm on B6 now with Swift in the front and I rather like them.
Also, since I did blow out a Koni Yellow, does anyone know who rebuilds them - might be a good idea having them as backups or to resell than just having them sitting on a shelf.
Any pics of the swift and B6 on here yet? Trying to get an idea on if that combo will eat up some of the wheel gap (Im on OEM suspension still)

I upgraded to Whitelines.
So when you upgrade to aftermarket swaybar links like that, they're supposed to be adjusted (presumably since they're adjustable) to accommodate the different suspension setups one runs, so my question is, how much is one supposed to adjust them when you lower or raise the height of your FiST?

kevinatfms

So when you upgrade to aftermarket swaybar links like that, they're supposed to be adjusted (presumably since they're adjustable) to accommodate the different suspension setups one runs, so my question is, how much is one supposed to adjust them when you lower or raise the height of your FiST?
I set my car at ride height using two jack stands under the control arm/ball joints. Adjusted the end links at ride height so they keep the bar level when slipping the end into the strut. I had to lengthen mine just a bit on the lowering springs and now coilovers.