Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified 4-port issue

Okay, so got my boost leak found with my S280. The latest tune was pretty fast on stock fuel components, so the next revision added in the (already installed) 4-port aux fuel.

Car is really fast. Problem is, it gets lean at high RPMs. Jason says it looks like the 4-port injectors are not firing.

I have done the following:

• Confirmed power and ground to the controller are good.
  • Confirmed I properly loaded Dizzy's fuel maps, although there is really no way I can see that you know they are flashed. After the progress bars disappear, it gives you no other indicators
  • Per Stratified instructions, I did a "Realtime" check of RPMs in the R4 software to see if they match the tach. They do. This confirms the wiring to the coils is good.
  • Stratified instructions say to check the MAP wiring by looking at the 'volts' reading in Realtime with power on and engine off - it should read 1.6 with a 3-bar MAP. I have a 5-bar, and it says 1.3. What's funny, it reads that even if you cut power to the Stratified controller. If you unplug the MAP while everything is powered up, the volts go to 1.5. Jason believes all that is normal. If you read volts with the engine idling, it sits around .8 volts, and it will fluctuate a little if you rev the motor.
Not sure where to go from here. Assuming the MAP behavior is normal for a 5-bar, everything checks out. The only thing I can think of is the controller is not commanding the injectors to fire, but would hate to spend the $$ to change it out if there is something else to consider. The 4-port is second hand, but the seller was reputable and reported no issues.