Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STRATIFIED - Aux Fuel System Now Available

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
You cant be first at something if you cant do it. how confident are you with either statement? Wanna put some money on it?
What does this even mean?

To everyone confused, even Stratified doesn't use full E85 on the Focus with the aux system. They still apply a 30-40 blend... But I could be wrong.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I know 27.5 degrees of timing with a 2.0L with 2860 is pretty awesome. I think I saw Alex post a very long time ago that E50 seemed like the best mix, but I thought that was due to the fuel system limits. Without fuel system limits, Its hart to imagine why you'd choose to lower octane E30/E40/E50 over E85...

Im still not sure what the issue with full E85 is thought with this aux system.

Know what's better than E85? Methanol. No real good reason not to use M1 either really... Or.... E85 via the DFI injectors and meth for charge cooling through 4 different injectors.

We are so lucky to have these options, and I fear it will be many years before enough people grow a pair and start taking advantage of what crazy high octane can do for you... If you have enough injector and enough pump, why would you ever settle for less octane?

Back on the day, I had the "hook-up" on C16 fuel. I bought for $4 a gal. Everyone on the forums like, "how'd you make so much power?". I'd say "race gas". They would say, "I'm running 100oct too". I'd say, "no... REAL RACE GAS". The more you try to squeeze out, the more octane means, and straitified may have a great reason, but that this point, I don't have a clue what that might be...

I actually have a guess, but I'll see what STeve says...

Our fuel system maxes at 300whp on pump gas. To simplify it, lets use E100.
That takes our fuel system down to roughly 160whp on E100. So give or take 200-210whp on DFI and E70. Now... I think this aux system adds another 150whp of fuel using normal gas. But we are not talking about normal gas. Its actually only about 80whp of fuel on E85.
80whp + 200-210whp = not even 300whp of fuel on E85 (or so ). If you have a 350whp and try to run real E85, it could be an issue. But they do offer a bigger injector for the Aux system, so even on E85, it should be able to make some good power before running out.

Better solution? The setup he posted a link to on the focus ST forum. 4 injectors, tons of extra fuel. Or my old idea of AEM meth kit with 4 small meth injectors and a boomba intake spacer. That would let me run straight E85 and a healthy shot of meth, then everyone could keep on wondering and guessing how I make more power than their 100oct E30 tunes or 93oct tunes.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I was looking for something like this over there. But, I'm not registered and don't visit that site often enough to know where to look.
I've been friends with the Stratified guys for a while and regularly use them to soundboard ideas that I have while tuning because of the depth of their knowledge. It's easy for a random person on the internet to say that he's first and then claim that everything is possible and that you won't have problems; it's entirely different when you're a tuning company that has to think about the possible future ramifications of a decision made right now because your businesses future reputation could be affected by it. Just look at the scope and depth of information that they post directly to the internet, whether on their site or on a forum, and contrast that to the 'pm me' statements when choosing whom to trust.

koozy

3000 Post Club
yeah, I've noticed that the Stratified guys are pretty transparent on Focus forums. I wish they were active on the FiST forums!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I've been friends with the Stratified guys for a while and regularly use them to soundboard ideas that I have while tuning because of the depth of their knowledge. It's easy for a random person on the internet to say that he's first and then claim that everything is possible and that you won't have problems; it's entirely different when you're a tuning company that has to think about the possible future ramifications of a decision made right now because your businesses future reputation could be affected by it. Just look at the scope and depth of information that they post directly to the internet, whether on their site or on a forum, and contrast that to the 'pm me' statements when choosing whom to trust.
It's times like this I actually miss Razorlab.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
We definitely stalled platform progression by probably six months or greater when we banned him. Unfortunately, a lot of the community fanboi's pretty hard and lacks a bit of critical thinking. And that's honestly not meant to be an attack towards anyone in any sort, just my personal opinion and observations. I've tried to vocalize that whenever I could (the fanboi-ism, not the Razorlab issue), but that has labeled me as a 'hater' instead of just someone that's honest in the opinion that I give.

Anywho, I think Stratified has a tough time justifying the time/expense to put any sort of quality work into the FiST platform. Realistically speaking, we are a very tiny group to begin with, which is pretty saturated with tuners that they already hold in high regard, and have a significantly smaller group of people that are or are willing to go above stage 3 mods. I don't think that they don't want to support the platform, I just think they're having a tough time making the business case to support it. They don't want to support platforms in a half-assed sort of way as they are an all-in or all-out sort of company.

But again, that's just my opinion.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm surprised and impressed Straified even bothered with us on the fuel system honestly... Props to them.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
After reading that, the highlight for me was... THE FOCUS can get the most MBT using E30 with a big turbo. Can the fiesta ST get to MBT using E30 with a cyborg? No... It can't. Can it with a stock turbo? Maybe, IDK. Can it with a big turbo? Within realistic expectations, I say maybe... But I wouldn't count on it.

The 2.0L and 1.6L are totally different animals, and I won't even get into how drivability plays into a big turbo on a fist vs a big turbo on a fost.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm surprised and impressed Straified even bothered with us on the fuel system honestly... Props to them.
Well... There were a few people pushing to get it done. Without Russ, and others, it probably would have never come. Note that this is not likely the whole truth.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I think we all recognize that the 1.6l and 2.0l are different animals, and driveability isn't even the discussion. Where the FiST tops-out regarding octane is still to be seen/documented. The question is why we think the FiST can't run E85 with the setup, not whether the additional ethanol is wasted outside of cooling reasons.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
This might be the very top thread where Dyn and I agree, at least on most of this:)

For such a small community were are blessed with those more intent on developing products that give us tangible results than those more interested in just selling stuff. Unfortunately some of the profit over all else businesses are offering things true performance enthusiasts are better without having but very cool serious real performance companies are into this bad ass little car.

The reality is 1.6 liters, under 100 cubic inches, no matter how well built, how much WHP one can attain, it is just a bit small to make serious WHP and have a nice wide daily driver powerband. Compromise is the issue and after all I have done, spent a ton of money on, I have not found the best balance but hope the GTX2860R will do what I need when I send the parts to Russ to do the conversion from the EFR.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The reality is 1.6 liters, under 100 cubic inches, no matter how well built, how much WHP one can attain, it is just a bit small to make serious WHP and have a nice wide daily driver powerband. Compromise is the issue and after all I have done, spent a ton of money on, I have not found the best balance but hope the GTX2860R will do what I need
Rick, I think you said 100% what I'm usually saying, you just worded it better than I've been able to. 1.6L = compromise. Ford the record,
I think the gt2860R will be perfect for you Rick.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yeah he's full of shit I dont know when your gonna get that. He was pissed I beat him to it.
There's nothing to 'get'. Clearly you were the one pissed because you were the one that requested the thread get locked as soon as they showed that they already had pretty extensive knowledge of running E85 on the platform. Maybe that's why you didn't link that thread as your 'proof'?

There's nothing to 'get'. Clearly you were the one pissed because you were the one that requested the thread get locked as soon as they showed that they already had pretty extensive knowledge of running E85 on the platform. Maybe that's why you didn't link that thread as your 'proof'?

What proof? So they come on and make a couple stupid comments. Where's the data from alex on said E85 cars? As big headed as he is he would have been all over that. Extensive knowledge on what? Bug emailed me for days asking for advice on how to do it. You seriously need to get alex's nuts out of your mouth and open your fucking eyes. I'm sorry your hero failed.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
What proof? So they come on and make a couple stupid comments. Where's the data from alex on said E85 cars? As big headed as he is he would have been all over that. Extensive knowledge on what? Bug emailed me for days asking for advice on how to do it. You seriously need to get alex's nuts out of your mouth and open your fucking eyes. I'm sorry your hero failed.
Why are you trying so hard to prove yourself? I have zero stake in the claim and no reason to lie. Calm down, geez.

I'm definitely down to see the emails. They probably got deleted for some reason though.