Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strut making noise

Hey guys. I lowered my Fist on Eibach springs back in October and I have had no big issues. I am, however, curious to see if anyone else gets a slight "clunk" noise when hitting a medium sized bump in the road. I've taken the struts off the car twice to ensure that the top mount is not loose and its not. Could the top mount be bad or maybe the strut bottoming out? Just looking for some insight as to what it could be or what I can do to fix it. At this point I'm thinking coilovers to solve the problem. [crazyeye]

I too have this issue, specifically the rear. It is only over speed bumps and the driveway.

Edit: I am on Koni STR.T's and H&R Springs.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ive been experiencing clunking noises coming from the rear of my bc coilovers when going over bumps and especially manholes fora while now and cant figure out where exactly is coming from. I thought it was the springs not having enough preload but continues after tightening springs and struts. I even removed the spare, floorboard and hatch cover and still makes the clunk noise.