Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strut torque specs

Who can share the torque specs for the front strut top hat mounting nuts and the bolts that mount to the knuckle, and the rear damper top hat nuts and the bottom bolt that mounts to the beam? Basically the torque specs to install coilovers.

Greatly appreciated [wrenchin]

koozy

3000 Post Club
do you have to remove the cowl to get to the strut bolts?
I did, it makes it so much easier imo. It may be possible to remove the strut without having to remove the cowl, but the cowl will have to be removed in order to torque it down unless there's a special tool to reach in there. Removing the cowl is a minor inconvenience and takes ~5 - 10 minutes.

This seems like a low number ...I know I'm digging up the dead here. hehe
I can see why it seems low. But it's actually pretty typical for a top hat for a car this size. That bold doesn't really take much load once it's on the car, and it doesn't need to be tight to take the load from the spring when it's off the car.

Reviving this thread with a question.

I just put on new struts, and it would appear I put the lower strut-to-spindle bolts in the opposite direction than what is shown in Post #3; I have bolts going from front to back, with the nuts on the rearward side.

For the life of me, I can’t figure how it could matter, but not sure if I’m missing something …. Are the eyeballs in those pics are trying to get you to notice which way it faces?

Reviving this thread with a question.

I just put on new struts, and it would appear I put the lower strut-to-spindle bolts in the opposite direction than what is shown in Post #3; I have bolts going from front to back, with the nuts on the rearward side.

For the life of me, I can’t figure how it could matter, but not sure if I’m missing something …. Are the eyeballs in those pics are trying to get you to notice which way it faces?
they should be whichever way they came out, which would be head facing the rear of the car.

I know some cars use those bolts for alignment, IDK if ours does tho?

Dialcaliper

Upper Strut Hat bolts
Torque : 48 Nm​
Lower Strut Bolts
Torque :
Stage 1: 82 Nm
Stage 2: 90?
Just wanted to revive this because I keep referencing it and post #3 is wrong. The correct torque for the front upper mount bolts is 30 Nm, not 48 Nm (which is the top nut on the strut assembly itself, and also the stabilizer end-link nut)

Last edited:

LostInTransit

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
yes the cowl needed to be removed to access the strut towers and you may need to remove the wiper blades. Best place a thick towel under the wiper blades arms..