Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance Rear Torsion bar *REVIEW*

Hey guys!

I recently ordered a rear torsion from Danny @ TB Performance. A lot of my good friends run all of this products and I really wanted to try something out of his.

I ordered the rear torsion bar because I have the Pierce Motorsports 2 point front chassis brace and I wanted to balance it out a bit. As well, I’ve heard some great testimonials about this rear torsion bar.

The rear torsion bar came well packaged. It was neatly wrapped in some thick bubble wrap.

Taking it out of the packaging, you can tell right off the bat that it’s extremely high quality. It’s powder coated in a nice gloss black, and the welds are nothing short of amazing. Also, it comes with some really nice heavy duty hardware!

The install was very straight forward and simple. I just jacked the car up on one side in the rear, high enough for me to get under.

There’s already two existing holes to place the bolts in. I used a small jack to hold up the torsion bar while I used a socket and a ratchet to tighten the bolts into place. After it was in, I torqued them down a bit just to be safe. The entire install was no longer than 30 minutes. Most of the time was spent getting out the jack and jack stands.

Immediately, once I made a turn onto I the street, the rear end just felt more planted and secure. I went to a curvy road behind my house and the entire car just felt more confident in the turns. Also, I felt like the rear end wasn’t as “bouncy” or rigid. The best word to describe this mod is “Planted and secure”.

I was honestly amazed for how simple and inexpensive this mod is. It truly doesn’t get much better than this and Danny will be getting my business in the future!

I look forward to purchasing his crossmember brace next.

Thank you Danny for making such great products, I highly recommend anybody who’s looking for one of the best bang for buck suspension mods out there for our cars.

I have the Pierce version, installed removed installed removed doing some testing (super easy to remove install etc) The Pierce version is nice as it’s Chromoly steel, but the little support legs that come out fore and aft seem to make some noise sometimes as the axle twists and rebounds into shape at slow speeds usually. Noticed that this one didn’t have the support legs so could be an improvement in that area.