Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TCS light solid+Wrench light+ESC/ECS?+OD

TCS Lights been on for like a week or so. I didn't think much it, because a few months ago started using a cold air but was using it with out MAF. So while it was disconnected the same lights were on but without WL. I but a adapter didn't fitment work and go that bitch air tight so I'm 90% sure it's no the problem. I changed the breaks the other day then the WL came on. Before any of these lights came on I must also add also add that we(wife and I) got our car back from "so said mechanic". It's my girls car 4 months before getting car back it went full limp we had it towed to shop. 2 months prior the serpentine belt blew on the highway but somehow out of luck I drove it home with the heater blasting in my face. Well I changed the serpentine belt myself. It's a pain in the ass but it got done. Well after that the timing was 100% fucked so we had timing and water pump replaced at a shop I chose personally. We got it back in 2days. Now back to limp mode. I was able to get the car running had it running for like 30 min. It showed (engine malfunction, take to dealership immediately.) It showed this before i got the car running and wouldn't start what so ever. So after so tinkering around wiping stuff down process of elimination stuff. I got it for the 30 turned it off. Tried again it turned on but was misfiring like craz. Immediately turned it off. So week passes her mom is like you need your car blah blah blah. They take it to wherever. I've yet to get a name or location. First they're like it's the the throttle body and we're like cool ok. Then 2 weeks pass after they say that then we get more crap about now it's something else I need to take to a partner shop for trans mission then for 3 months this or dude drags it on talking about wait your turn you're 3rd in line and then that he bit off more than he can chew he's backed on work. Well towards the end he's like it's the TCM he figured that after about month of having car. But was waiting forever to get it programmed and a bunch crap like that. Well we get it back it's "ok" still a fiesta. Well after a month of having it or so it started having a hunting idle. I was able to control with turning on vents. I looked but couldn't vaccum. Discovered we might not have gasket for transmission oil pan or TCM not sure witch one it is. Ive been keep an eye on it tho topping it off a lil every so often. About a week ago when TCS Lights came on car wouldn't move in any way when releasing brakes. Ik for a fact the car will definitely move on its own power so I was thinking huh brakes most be dead. Put in new rotors pads n shoes. Just the other day. Now wrench light comes on. Now car won't change gears after 60. I can get it to 90 but rpms rest at 5.8/6 and ik it's not good but I needed to see some type of limit. Car picks up like it should now after changing brakes. Before caliper was seized but I took care of that so it's not playing a factor anymore I don't think. Now it's just the not changing gears after 60. I don't want to say transmissions mission is dead but definitely struggling. It jolts now when leaving a light or something and jumping rpms at stops hasn't stopped.

2021/June- Serpentine belt blew. I changed it.
2021/July - Timing goes bad. Shop I chosen fixed.
2021/Sep-Dec(mid)-- Mystery Mechanic her mom found or whatever has car changes throttle body then passes it on for TCM.

Originally I thought the car was ugly af when I first saw it. Well now we've had the car for 2 years and it grew on me but only cause I've maintained it as well became aware of the zetec n duratec and wrc. So I was like cool let's make a rally car. Well now I'm here I don't want to call it a loss because she'll get rid of it in a heartbeat if I let her lose hope in the car. We only paid 3000. 2012 SES. It'll never really be a lost but we're reaching that 3000 mark in repairs and what not. So I'm just wandering if anyone experienced something similar or something. Maybe you know something I don't. I'm reaching my peak on knowledge about this car too. Only thing I don't know much about is the transmission and only because I'm too scared to take it apart.

Ps I'm not gonna proof read so make it make sense.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The problem is we all have manuals and it sounds like yours is an automatic, so we aren't going to be much help with transmission issues.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is this the dry DCT?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You're telling me. I've looked but can't find anything relative. Thought I give here a go cause it's still active and a fiestas a fiesta
Actually not quite our engines are both 1.6 liters but there starts to be a broad divergence as your engine was built in Mexico and our engines were built in the Uk and are turbocharged.

You are also dealing with a auto trans Fords semi automatic dual clutch trans that was quirky . Our cars came only with 6 speed manuals. We do not have TCU’s. Plus yours is a 2012 which is a earlier version of the Fiesta as ours were 2014-2019. Not 2012.

You could try fiesta faction or fordfiesta.org as they would have more info as they deal with the earlier models our forum is a ST specific forum and you are welcome to read and learn but there is not much on previous version fiestas or non ST Fiesta’s here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Actually not quite our engines are both 1.6 liters but there starts to be a broad divergence as your engine was built in Mexico and our engines were built in the Uk and are turbocharged.

You are also dealing with a auto trans Fords semi automatic dual clutch trans that was quirky . Our cars came only with 6 speed manuals. We do not have TCU’s. Plus yours is a 2012 which is a earlier version of the Fiesta as ours were 2014-2019. Not 2012.

You could try fiesta faction or fordfiesta.org as they would have more info as they deal with the earlier models our forum is a ST specific forum and you are welcome to read and learn but there is not much on previous version fiestas or non ST Fiesta’s here.
Quirky? Ummm Yeah....id say more problematic than that. Here is an article on the Trans issues these Fiestas may have.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27438193/ford-powershift-transmission-problems/

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Quirky? Ummm Yeah....id say more problematic than that. Here is an article on the Trans issues these Fiestas may have.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27438193/ford-powershift-transmission-problems/

Ya quirky I owned a 2012 Focus with the same trans. . I‘s totally drivable if you understand it’s quirks part of which being it acts like a manual trans with a slipping clutch sometimes. First hand experience and used it on a daily basis.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ya quirky I owned a 2012 Focus with the same trans. . I‘s totally drivable if you understand it’s quirks part of which being it acts like a manual trans with a slipping clutch sometimes. First hand experience and used it on a daily basis.
Driven all of them Via old job working for Autozone for almost various decade. I know all about them. Even some other manufacturers have the slipping feeling such as Hyundai and KIA and owners are being told it's "Normal" and just the nature of the beast.

OP
E
Thread Starter #10
A
Kinda figured that out awhile back. My buddy's accord started doing it awhile back as well. I just been countingn the rpms let go of the gas a Lil so transmission has time to catch. Pump brakes far back before stopping so it knows to chill the fuck out. Don't ride gas in traffic and all that. But other that it's drives good tbh.it still pulls. I say a loose guess rn 8-10.5secs 0-60. Aside being from Mexico and uk munch isn't different in the engine besides turbo unless you have the "dragon" and not "sigma" duratec. Transmission wise ik mine is limited because it's crap. Saw the MTX75 swap I think it maybe could be feasibly possible. Need to look more into.

OP
E
Thread Starter #11
Driven all of them Via old job working for Autozone for almost various decade. I know all about them. Even some other manufacturers have the slipping feeling such as Hyundai and KIA and owners are being told it's "Normal" and just the nature of the beast.

What's the longest you've seen them last personally

OP
E
Thread Starter #12
Deleted codes hasnt happened since. Abs is dead but who cares. MAF is old and car isn't tuned for a CAI so it throws it off. Leaving it unplugged keeps the rpms from jumping every where. Needs new gasket for transmission but might as convert to manual if I'm doing that. So we'll get there when we get there

First, there is a HUGE difference between a Fiesta ST and a Fiesta. The only real similarity is that both cars use the same body in white and some of the interior trim bits.

Second, how much money have you pissed down the toilet trying to fix it yourself or going with second rate repair shops? This is NOT a 1974 Chevy Vega with a carburetor on the intake and not one single computer in the vehicle. Now think about what it would have cost to take it to a Ford dealer with the full array of diagnostic equipment mandated for a Ford dealership where they could diagnose EXACTLY what was wrong and properly repair the car the first time. Yeah, dealers to charge more, however purchasing unneeded parts in the hopes it will correct a problem is flushing dollar bills down a toilet.

Finally, my conclusion is that you are truly SOL. Have the car towed to a junk yard and sell if for 50 bucks. Because I am rather certain that you won't spend the money for a Ford Dealership repair. Which is likely the smartest option because if you need a new transmission to fix it properly it will likely cost more than the car cost when you bought it.

OP
E
Thread Starter #14
SOL my ass. I shorted the car and the low voltage caused some mishaps. My abs is f'd cause I slammed on a speed bump and broke a speed sensor connector. I've personally only flushed maybe 2-300 and only because I burn thru tires oil,q and coolant cause I enjoy driving like a asswipe. I also recently started using for scan and plan on purchasing vcm-II. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG I CAN'T DO MYSELF. See that's the problem as well is that people who consider someone else fixing there problems consider to input. I've also already started using openxc and still nothing to depreciate to a measly 50 dollars lol. I can sell the car as is rn just a lil under market value and still not be in a hole.

There really isn't much of a difference. Why cause you get 3cyl with a intercooler and turbo stock? Or is it because you get sync 2,3,4... Because The ST and non-ST chassis is 100% the same, the differences are in the suspensions, powertrain, and cosmetic changes. The front knuckles, brakes, sway bar, dampers, springs, bushings (different between 2014 and newer), rear twist beam assembly, master cylinder and stock intake manifold design.

BTW car has no warranty so going to a dealership will forever be not an option. I could care less about wasting money but what be the point of I'm in already the process of getting ford technician certified. I personally just wanted to see what others had to say.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Sounds like you don't need us then. Honestly I had a hard time following the OP so if you want to bring us up to speed in a concise way I think there would be a few people who could offer advice.