Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Lap At Road America HPDE playing with a 2007 GTCS

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
First time on the Big track and what fun it was though as many have stated this Road America is tough on brakes the car did OK only turned my red front calipers a smidge brown on the edges LOL Porterfield R4S pads were ok at first then as the day went on they showed their street nature and did well for what they were .. Real Track pads for next time..

Enjoy as I was playing with a 2007 Mustang GTCS easy to see where this lil car runs out of steam on the bug end but really shines in the corners..
Again this was my FIRST time at the track at speed (have done track touring at a limited 60 mph before) This is so much fun ...

[video=youtube_share;YNgknnDBmyU]http://youtu.be/YNgknnDBmyU[/video]

Kudo's to Harry's Laptimer on my Iphone and my Gopoint BT1 obd2 link for the feedback info though some of the gear selections are off as I never used 6th but it is all good fun anyway ..

Update after swapping tires and looking at the brakes we found the rear porterfield pads gone 1/8 to 1/4 left on pad did the big track 3 20 min sessions and a autoX 8 runs on sunday so lots of chance to wear stuff was surpride dthe rears went but lookingat the pic the car was on the hid leg alot.. may have helped it wear.. just know for next time full race padsat RA LOVE this track and want to learn it fast ... fun fun fun

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great job Rod, how much was it to race?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
$250 for 3, 20 minute sessions. Not the Cheapest but I had the time and the desire to get it done this yr year. Plus the Club put on a most excellent Chicken Breast and Tenderloin tips plus all the fixens for free Sat night so I got to feed the crew for that too. ;)
So we made a camping weekend for it at the track..

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
$250 for 3, 20 minute sessions. Not the Cheapest but I had the time and the desire to get it done this yr year. Plus the Club put on a most excellent Chicken Breast and Tenderloin tips plus all the fixens for free Sat night so I got to feed the crew for that too. ;)
So we made a camping weekend for it at the track..
That's really not bad. You should have put in a rearview facing camera too lol.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
That's really not bad. You should have put in a rearview facing camera too lol.

I did have my Gopro linked to it out the back window. But as there were only maybe 9 of us once I passed the 1970ish GT6 english type car i was at the tail end of the line so the GoPro had a lot of boring rear view footage .. LOL

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Did you set up the gear ratios, etc correctly in HLT?
I will have to go look but I thought the overlay was pretty close most of the time so maybe I just shifted goofy..

That looked like a blast. Are your brakes stock, and if so, how did they hold up?