Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tesla Cybertruck

STTom

Premium Account
What does everyone think of the new Tesla Cybertruck?
  • Stainless steel exoskeleton body
  • Gorilla Glass-Type windows (they broke during the test)
  • Air suspension standard (also acts on-board air compressor)
  • 6.5’ bed length
  • 3,500 lbs payload
  • Up to 14,000 lbs towing
  • Up to 0-60 mph 2.9 seconds
  • 35° approach angle
  • Up to 500+ mile range
  • 110v/220v outlets
  • Autopilot standard
  • Starts $39,900
  • $69,900 for top spec
maxresdefault.jpg Tesla Cybertruck1.jpg Tesla Cybertruck2.jpg Tesla Cybertruck2.png Tesla Cybertruck3.jpg Tesla Cybertruck4.jpg

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If it actually ends up looking like that I believe it will be a wealthy person's play toy.
It does look cool though I would like to drive one.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Rivian R1T is leagues better than the Cybertruck in the exterior/interior styling department. Cybertruck looked to undercut Rivian pretty hard on price/performance. Be interesting to see how it plays out with sales since Rivian has some big backers now like Ford and Amazon

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I'm guessing that tough stainless steel doesn't form well so they had to do without stampings in making the body? Kind of like making a sopabox derby out of plywood or maybe one of those cardboard things they do at spring ski festivals.

I'm doubtful that the production model will keep that look - most concept prototypes look pretty wild compared to what comes off the assembly line. That being said, the specs are very impressive, I wish Mr Musk all the best going up against the usual American truck brands!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Downright Fricking Ugly! Yup I said in full words with total gusto. I would laugh at anyone driving that thing. I think truck people would laugh at it. The I never use a truck as a truck I am a pretentious buttwipe millennial, whats a manual trans, wait I can take an Uber, will love it.
Don’t take offense millennials not all of you fall into that category but you know there is a bunch of your compatriots that do.

Last edited by a moderator:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Rich genX ers in LA will love it. And trust fund hipsters will "love it"

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That's actually not a bad starting price. I was expecting double that. It may end up being the working man's EV. I would definitely take that over my 97 ranger.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I thought it was cool as a concept, but thought Musk was trolling everyone. It's grown on me. Were I in the market for an $80k truck, I'd seriously consider the 3-motor variant with autopilot.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
What does everyone think of the new Tesla Cybertruck?
Reminds me of a vehicle from the old Atari "Test Drive" and similar game. In reality it's just a publicity stunt, designed to draw more investors; and keep the ones they already have. I'm not one of the anti-Tesla crowd. They're domestic and are happy to provide positive support. But I'm also going to call out a tank, when I see one. It's wwaayy heavier than a normal truck and claims a five-hundred mile range? How long does it take to charge that thing on a 240-volt 15 amp supply? Twenty-four hours?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Reminds me of a vehicle from the old Atari "Test Drive" and similar game. In reality it's just a publicity stunt, designed to draw more investors; and keep the ones they already have. I'm not one of the anti-Tesla crowd. They're domestic and are happy to provide positive support. But I'm also going to call out a tank, when I see one. It's wwaayy heavier than a normal truck and claims a five-hundred mile range? How long does it take to charge that thing on a 240-volt 15 amp supply? Twenty-four hours?
240V@15A is about 9 miles charged per hour. (they estimate 3.7kW on the low end of a 240v charger). If you buy a Tesla and can't afford to install an 80amp breaker, you done screwed up. That brings you up to over 50 miles charged per hour.

Last edited by a moderator: