Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tested a Fiesta ST followed by a Focus ST today!

Waterfan

The Focus felt a hair faster and was def a little roomier inside but to me it felt much more like a "normal" car if that makes sense!
I think the ~480 lbs weight difference (FoST 3223 - FiST 2740) between the two cars cannot be understated in terms of impact to driving experience. The FiST is also slightly over-damped in the rear which really gives it a very sporty feel.

I don't have near your experience with sporty cars, but the "FiST fun factor" and value for money is what made me pick it over a new VW GTI. An awesome jack-of-all-trades car and the available LSD option is amazing, but poor value/options for the money and rather boring to drive by comparison.

Congrats on your choice. :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The FiST is also slightly over-damped in the rear which really gives it a very sporty feel.
So the rear dampers at least can definitely handle the higher rates of the aftermarket spring sets out there (not that anything available in stock spring configurations is much higher than the stock rates anyway)??

Can the factory front dampers tolerate a decently higher rate than the stock front springs?

Waterfan

So the rear dampers at least can definitely handle the higher rates of the aftermarket spring sets out there (not that anything available in stock spring configurations is much higher than the stock rates anyway)??

Can the factory front dampers tolerate a decently higher rate than the stock front springs?
My ~3 years of lurking in various FiST suspension forums produces an answer/opinion of "absolutely, yes" to both. (To be specific, the rears are considered to have a little too much rebound)

DISCLAIMER: I have not touched my suspension and therefore have no firsthand knowledge. (I like the daily driving convenience and look of factory ride height and already find the OEM suspension setup to be perfect for my driving style/needs (the odd canyon run).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My ~3 years of lurking in various FiST suspension forums produces an answer/opinion of "absolutely, yes" to both. (To be specific, the rears are considered to have a little too much rebound)

DISCLAIMER: I have not touched my suspension and therefore have no firsthand knowledge. (I like the daily driving convenience and look of factory ride height and already find the OEM suspension setup to be perfect for my driving style/needs (the odd canyon run).
OK, THANKS!! [thumb]

Great to know that I will be able to 'live' with it until someone comes up with a coil over kit I REALLY like, and feel is worth the coin they are all asking for them (and I can save my pennies for). ;)

Waterfan

OK, THANKS!! [thumb]

Great to know that I will be able to 'live' with it until someone comes up with a coil over kit I REALLY like, and feel is worth the coin they are all asking for them (and I can save my pennies for). ;)
The newly available Meister R coilovers are getting RAVE reviews from all members and are currently on introductory pricing ($995). Head over the the suspensions forum for more info on these, and everything else for that matter :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have heard about them, and am sure that they deserve the kudos they are getting, but if I am going to shell out even that much relatively low coinage for coil overs, I MUST have separately adjustable rebound AND compression settings. ;)

(Yes, I know that WILL jack up the co$t, just as it does between the KW variant 1s and Variant 3s, but I still want/need it if making the leap to a high end suspension.)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Several like pairing h&r sport springs (not super sport unless tracking) with stock shocks. Haven't tried the h&r's but I really liked the sporty feel of the eibach springs. Would have been happy with that except on the bumpiest urban roads (which unfortunately I have to frequent daily) the bounce and bang was a bit too much. Had to switch to softer shocks (which have been working best for me with the stock springs), but I'm not really racing mine so I'm happy and they still have a sporty feel without the harshness from all the potholes, dimples, dips, etc.

Sent using Tapatalk

A7xogg

Now I have had a lot of fast and fun cars in my time from Twin turbo cobras to 500hp PT cruisers so I know fast and I know fun... My take on the two cars was the fiesta ST was probably the most fun car I have ever driven in my life... with an additional 50ish hp and torque it will be amazing imo! The Focus felt a hair faster and was def a little roomier inside but to me it felt much more like a "normal" car if that makes sense! The Recaros in both cars were amazing with the fiesta's being a tad more supportive... My upper back does not fit in either though but I am an extreme case (230lb Bodybuilder) This car will really make you feel like a trouble making kid again lol! I'm 36 years old and I just ordered mine... I now know what all the hype is about! Thank you guys for having this forum it has helped me a lot in choosing this car... My stage 3 will be here before I even receive my car most likely!
I was in the same boat, my last car was equivalent to a stage 3 fost(bolt on tuned 2010 gti) and the fist to me is a much more fun car than either one. stage 3 will be alot of fun in a fist