Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The long haul

I have never been one to trade in for the latest and flashiest just because there is something new. I'm also a big fan of tiny, nimble, fun to drive cars, of which there is a decided lack in the market these days. I love this little car and I fully intend to drive it until the wheels fall off. That said, one can't ignore our little rocket's econobox roots, and extreme durability tends not to be a hallmark of USDM compacts. Mine is currently sitting at a hair over 45k miles and running like new. I know some have substantially higher miles, so I'm curious how many miles you guys and gals have racked up. What kind of major maintaince is common at higher mileage? What are some of your preventative maintaince habits and why? Thanks for your input everyone!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought our FiST 1st month of 2015 brand new and I've done just over 80000km (49000 miles), I have an oil Catch can to stop oil going into my intake. I also have the mishimoto steel coolant tank and the Cobb rear motor mount. The plastic coolant tank is junk and breaks down and starts leaking over time. Stock rear motor mount is too soft and you can feel the engine slopping forward and back between gears.

Next is the two upper engine mount inserts, then new spark plugs another air filter and cabin filter, then a gearbox oil change and after that another engine oil and filter change then front rotors and pads and also due for some new rear rotors. Just got 4 new tyres last week.

Seems never ending lol

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

My ST has low miles (~5500), but I try to eliminate taking short trips, like anything under 10 miles or 1/2 hour. I walk a lot! Also planning on 5K OCIs now that I'm on PP synth. My Damond pcv occ is definitely catching enough to make me sleep better. I always try to drive a mile or 2 before playing around:cool:(y)As we all know, the paint sucks, so several coats of good synthetic sealer wax and clear protective film up front is a must.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm a big believer in keeping a car clean inside and out to help increase longevity. I try to clean my brake calipers when I wash the wheels with a brush they still look brand-new with 9,000 miles.

People are more likely to maintain and take care of a clean vehicle.
I check my fluids regularly, and I keep my oil at the full line on all of my vehicles.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Our biggest battle is when parts are going to be no longer available in a few short years. Just think of how much a pain its going to be to replace all the hard vacuum lines.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Our biggest battle is when parts are going to be no longer available in a few short years. Just think of how much a pain its going to be to replace all the hard vacuum lines.
That will not be for at least 7 years IMO. As Ford has to keep stock of replacement parts for 2019 models

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you plan on keeping your FiST....Buying up NOS parts will not be a bad idea when they start slashing them at the dealers...The only Question will be is When?