Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The ST Octane day experience? Anyone?

Tried searching a bit, and maybe I stink at searching forums vs what I normally use in Slack and other spaces, but anywho; has anyone signed up for the Ford Racing experience with the ST? Since I'm here in VA, NC isn't far away and I'm considering at least looking to register if not attempting to go for the day 2 package. Would love to get thoughts or some updates on prior experiences with that process and what the actual day was like.

I would definitely suggest signing up as early as possible if you decide to do it. I remember lucking out and seeing the moment the registration opened up. It filled up within a day or two. There were a few very skilled drivers in the group, a few racers, a few enthusiasts and a few new guys that I might say all learned at least something by the end, I learned a lot. The organizers did well not to make it extremely competitive. I would have looked like even more of a fool if it was a real competition.

As far as the experience goes, I loved the autocross and "parking lot stunts" arena. But it is worth mentioning it was my first time ever doing a lot of the stunts and first ever autocross, so I might have a biased opinion.

The big track was heavily rained out but we went out anyways. I probably looked like a fool on the road course, constantly sliding out and nearly spinning around, but how many times are you given the opportunity to drive a similar car to your own like you stole it without worrying about your wallet? Plus it really helped me learn how manageable the fiesta is in downpour conditions even when hooning at 60+ into a turn.

The personal driving instruction on the road course wasn't what I had expected since even the guest experience I had years before seemed a lot more intense, but maybe that's because I was younger and didn't own my fiesta yet. The driving instruction on the autocross was great though.

I really enjoyed it! It had quite a few good things maybe a few things that could have been different but I would completely suggest going.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Its called ST Octane Academy and there have been several threads a out it . If you search Octane Academy you will most likely find them. Its changed a bit over the years . Originally the dinner reception was at Ken Blocks place. They also used to have go karts. When I went this last summer those two things were no longer. It was also at Utah Motorsports Park ( Formerly Miller Motorsports Park) . It has now moved across the country to NC.

OP
whartman77
Thread Starter #5
Thanks all, of course after I posted this I started seeing the threads in the handful! Isn't that always the way it works? But yeh, looked at the registration page and a few other things, haven't watched the video but registration for 2020 at the NC location isn't open yet. I'm super excited though since that's only 4 hours or so away from me! I'll be checking the registration page daily haha.

Looks like the program is moving to CMS. Not sure if that's an improvement. Miller Motorsports Park is a pretty amazing circuit with an awesome backdrop. Plus, they offered the comp karting which was great fun.