Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This Should Tell FORD to bring the RS sooner than later

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
OK I was watching the launch of the VW Golf-R with much interest as it is slated to be the next car in our Garage only needed to get it in the right color and the Launch cars only came in Blue a no go for the main driver as I have a blue car and she isn't into blue as much as I am.. Anyway on to the story at hand. VW did a "Pre Order" thing where you put dont a $500 refundable deposit with Amazom somehow and you pick the dealer to pick your car up at. SOme dealers were offering invoice pricing or other incentives so it was not a MSRP or nothing deal you could haggle some on the price... (the only thing the 500 launch car get to make them special is a bag of trinkets the buyer gets with a watch and key ring and A serialize VIN certificatefor framing. From what I found out none of the cars will be any different than the rest of the 15MY no fancy plaque or numbered sticker just the Vin as proof)

But the thing went LIVE last night Jan/08/2015 at 12:01 EST (New York Time) and sold out in less than 11 hrs (10:45 EST). The preorder link on the VW site switched from a order site to a waiting list site... (Funny thing is I got a Email at 9:10 local time CST and the site closed at 9:45 local time CST for taking orders nice one VW)

I hope Ford was watching how quick these sold and gets off their butt to make the RS and bring it here in non limited numbers as to me this proves a Hot Hatch and AWD at that will sell and sell quick..

Now if the brought the POLO R then maybe we would see a FiST RS awd.... I can dream right LOL

TheStig

Fiesta RS would be what im more interested in, eventhough the FoST RS does excite me.

Our car with about 250hp and 300tq with AWD would be amazeballs.

I'm not optimistic about the RS...A buddy just bought a brand new FoST with every option including Recaros for $22,500...If they're going that cheap, I can't imagine things are going well.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I'm not optimistic about the RS...A buddy just bought a brand new FoST with every option including Recaros for $22,500...If they're going that cheap, I can't imagine things are going well.
WOW that is sad .. wonder how much the new stang ate into the hot hatch market for ford.. where as VW is all about the Hatch well and that ugly little beetle as Clarkson calls it lol

Polo R? It'd be cool if they released the Polo GTI first. I would have seriously considered that.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Polo R? It'd be cool if they released the Polo GTI first. I would have seriously considered that.
True, though I did say I can dream and gosh dang it I will dream big .. lol.. Either would be fun

SPhilli911

I strongly considered waiting for the Focus RS before commiting to the FiST, but it seems to be a long ways away from production. I don't think any amount of competitor hype will push it to production any quicker, sadly.

Now a Fiesta RS, AWD 250-300 hp? I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I am not surprised the FoST sales are slipping. I love the FiST. Didn't like the FoST (drove the $hit out of both at Octane Academy). Adding more power and AWD to the FoST would be taking it even further away from what a hot hatch should be: Light, nimble, fuel efficient.

I would be interested in a twin turbo FiST... turbo lag is honestly my only performance complaint with this car.

TheStig

^ thats why. The FiST is taking FoST sales. If you drive both almost nobody ive known would take the FoST over the FiST.

CanadianST

^Agreed. The FiST really seems to be it's downfall, dont see the FoST cleaning up the awards. I'm still interested in the RS but want to see a final price figure before i get too excited, would have to be a pretty good deal before I'd consider switching.