Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire and suspension data

kevinatfms

This always comes up. 99% of us dont want the hassle.
I get it, but hoping a manufacture will make a unique odd-ball is pretty low probability. I guess I would rather do the work 1 time and have what I want, then just not. I would say that puts me in the 1%, but the truth is, I would just pick something else. ;-)

CSM

1000 Post Club
So the minimum run is 60 wheels, and I'd have to work through a Konig dealer to get this going (no worries - there is a great miata shop near me that would help).

So 15 sets required to do a custom run of 15x8 Dekagrams in 4x108

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I get it, but hoping a manufacture will make a unique odd-ball is pretty low probability. I guess I would rather do the work 1 time and have what I want, then just not. I would say that puts me in the 1%, but the truth is, I would just pick something else. ;-)
One other consideration which all of the 're-drillers' just don't 'get' is that IF one already has a bunch of 4x108 wheels in their 'inventory', then they must sell all of them, and then replace with 4x100s (IF they need all of those other options), OR swap studs out every single time they want to use the 4x108s.

Yeah, WAY TOO MUCH hassle for me personally.

kevinatfms

I have something else at the moment and while i like them i yearn for more rubber on the road. A 225/45R16 is the next size up and from what ive read might be too tall for a Fiesta at nearly 24" tall. I dont want to cut the car up at all to fit a tire. Id rather find a tire/wheel combo that works within the unmodified fenders/wheel wells.

So a 15x8 +35 in 4x108 and a 225/45R15 extreme performance tire(many to choose from) is my next option if someone will make that wheel + offset again.

CSM

1000 Post Club
So no rubbing with a 225/45R15?

I'm stock height now, but may not be in the future.
At stock height you will be fine with 225/45/16. If you lower, you will likely need to roll fenders and add additional camber, based on my experience and others.

the 15x8 drop the overall diameter by 1" which will help with clearance/rubbing

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So a 15x8 +35 in 4x108 and a 225/45R15 extreme performance tire(many to choose from) is my next option if someone will make that wheel + offset again.
What I never understood about that setup above (even for those who currently run it with Pro Race 1.2s) is how there is not a problem with that excess 'poke' forcing the tire outside of the fender, and then when it's lowered, the fender rubbing on the tire. [dunno]

Or does it just 'sound like' way too little ET, and is actually not as bad as I'm thinking it would be, and it does not protrude out of the fender well at all, even with a wide 225 tire on it??

CSM

1000 Post Club
What I never understood about that setup above (even for those who currently run it with Pro Race 1.2s) is how there is not a problem with that excess 'poke' forcing the tire outside of the fender, and then when it's lowered, the fender rubbing on the tire. [dunno]

Or does it just 'sound like' way too little ET, and is actually not as bad as I'm thinking it would be, and it does not protrude out of the fender well at all, even with a wide 225 tire on it??
What if we had konig make+40?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was just asking the question, that's all. [wink]

As the 35ET may just be perfect, more desirable, and no problem whatsoever.

I never had a problem running 225/45R15s (in the Rival S or the RT660s) with Swifts on. There was some slight rubbing on the inside of the front fender liners, but just enough to barely scuff the plastic. I'm guessing this was from hitting bumps with the wheels turned hard on course while autocrossing. I don't think I ever hit a big enough bump fast enough to actually hit the edge of the fender, but it has come close...
I dialled in some negative camber with the coilovers, and think I have a bit more room now.
IMG_3111.JPG

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I did it because I could fit 225 series tires, get some free CG lowering without compromising suspension geometry, and 15s are lighter and cheaper than other options.
Smaller wheels put more cushion in the ride because the sidewall is taller, and there are more tire options.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I never had a problem running 225/45R15s (in the Rival S or the RT660s) with Swifts on. There was some slight rubbing on the inside of the front fender liners, but just enough to barely scuff the plastic. I'm guessing this was from hitting bumps with the wheels turned hard on course while autocrossing. I don't think I ever hit a big enough bump fast enough to actually hit the edge of the fender, but it has come close...
I dialled in some negative camber with the coilovers, and think I have a bit more room now.
View attachment 34331
Do you ever have this setup out on the street at all, or are they transported off of the car to the events, put on, and then taken off after the event for the ride home?

There are TONS MORE wheel angle, bump, braking while in sharp steering angle while hitting bumps, etc., scenarios/variables out on the street than on even the most 'technical', and rough/bumpy autocross courses. [wink]

Last edited:
Exactly - although I'd plan for these to be my track day rims, I can't count out driving them on the street...or over the curbing at the track.

Before I sign up for the GB, I'd like to ensure I wouldn't be causing more problems than its worth...including correct ET. Interested in color choices on the GB too.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
if you want one I can probably sell you the one I bought.

Do you ever have this setup out on the street at all, or are they transported off of the car to the events, put on, and then taken off after the event for the ride home?

There are TONS MORE wheel angle, bump, braking while in sharp steering angle while hitting bumps, etc., scenarios/variables out on the street than on even the most 'technical', and rough/bumpy autocross courses. [wink]
Earlier this summer, I left them on the car for almost two months because we had events most weekends and I've been working from home during the pandemic. The biggest clearance issue I had was the Pierce 2 point brace bottoming out on larger bumps/potholes. Our roads up here can be pretty crappy, but our parking lots are even worse.
It has gotten better since I went to coils- the stiffer springs keep me from hitting the brace unless I'm doing something silly (I have about the same static ride height). The coils also gave me about -2.5° camber in front, and I added Depro camber plates in the back (-1.8°), for even more clearance.

It’s almost autox season. RE71s are in short supply and I have heard not allowed for SCCA national events (have not fact checked this).

Another have experience with the below:

Rivals 1.5 215/45/16s
Yoks 205 or the 225 in a 16
Other options?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk