Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

tires

OP
T
Thread Starter #21
Wait what are the indy’s so it’s not really a general consensus on what are the best tires for general daily driving use

Wait what are the indy’s so it’s not really a general consensus on what are the best tires for general daily driving use
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 - available through Tire Rack for 138.99 per tire.

I'm interpreting this is as two questions. Question 1 - what are Indy's? Question 2 - there isn't a general consensus on the best tires for daily driving?

If I misinterpreted, my apologies.

Question 1 - Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Available at Tire Rack for 138.99 per tire

Question 2 - Define "best"? Do you want the quietest? The longest lasting? A tire for all-seasons?

In your original post, you wanted "max grip". Then saw the 660s and that was too extreme for your use. Based on your continued input and interest in Pilot Sports, I'd get the Dunlop's or Indy's.

I live in Georgia and run a summer tire year round and 888Rs on-track. Your conditions and climate may dictate different tire needs. So if you have additional variables to add to help in the selection, you may get more of a consensus on selection

OP
T
Thread Starter #23
im getting the indys, sorry I'm not quiet figured out what's what for tires and balancing all the trade off's but it looks like the indys are what im looking for, thankyou guys i wanted a ultra high performance summer tire, not an extreme performance it seemed compromised to the point were i might think twice about driving in the rain and i dont want that.
i was set on the Michelins or the conti's just because of all the hype i suppose.

im getting the indys, sorry I'm not quiet figured out what's what for tires and balancing all the trade off's but it looks like the indys are what im looking for, thankyou guys i wanted a ultra high performance summer tire, not an extreme performance it seemed compromised to the point were i might think twice about driving in the rain and i dont want that.
i was set on the Michelins or the conti's just because of all the hype i suppose.
Michelin makes a great tire and I wish they made PS4s that fit our car, so I get it.

The Indy's are a great choice and you'll love them.

OP
T
Thread Starter #25
i love them,
the smoothness and the comfort i noticed right away so much more comfortable, from my mix matched nero somthins' up front- dried out snow tires on the back, and holy front end batman! i loved the front end grip before but this will take some getting use to and launching it seems mean to my car now lol, glad i got the warranty im gonna do it alot. thanks again guys. and they look cool, bonus.

Last edited:
i love them,
the smoothness and the comfort i noticed right away so much more comfortable, from my mix matched nero somthins' up front- dried out snow tires on the back, and holy front end batman! i loved the front end grip before but this will take some getting use to and launching it seems mean to my car now lol, glad i got the warranty im gonna do it alot. thanks again guys. and they look cool, bonus.
That's great to hear. Fresh rubber is awesome. Awesome fresh rubber is even better.

OP
T
Thread Starter #27
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 - available through Tire Rack for 138.99 per tire.

I'm interpreting this is as two questions. Question 1 - what are Indy's? Question 2 - there isn't a general consensus on the best tires for daily driving?

If I misinterpreted, my apologies.

Question 1 - Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Available at Tire Rack for 138.99 per tire

Question 2 - Define "best"? Do you want the quietest? The longest lasting? A tire for all-seasons?

In your original post, you wanted "max grip". Then saw the 660s and that was too extreme for your use. Based on your continued input and interest in Pilot Sports, I'd get the Dunlop's or Indy's.

I live in Georgia and run a summer tire year round and 888Rs on-track. Your conditions and climate may dictate different tire needs. So if you have additional variables to add to help in the selection, you may get more of a consensus on selection
are those the toyo 888's? how do you like them for track use?

are those the toyo 888's? how do you like them for track use?
Yes. I mounted Toyo R 888Rs to my OEM wheels and that's what I run on-track. I don't drive on the street with them. Literally swap them over at the track.

I've done one day with the P Zero Nero's, multiple days with the OEM rubber, and two days with the 888s. It's absolutely night and day. Ridiculously sticky. They don't roll over on the sidewall nearly as much, and Atlanta Motorsports Park is hard on right fronts.

Despite this, I will likely switch 660s to see how they do and if I can better wear. These won't last long and I'm okay giving up some grip if it's necessary.

OP
T
Thread Starter #29
the 888's wont last? and i think my old fronts were p zero neros i think but these are way better unless they make like a all season p zero nero, the 888 look like a racing tire.

the 888's wont last? and i think my old fronts were p zero neros i think but these are way better unless they make like a all season p zero nero, the 888 look like a racing tire.
That's correct. The trade-off for that sticky tire is poor treadwear. And they are called cheater slicks for a reason. You can run them on the road, but they are designed for track and auto-x use.

Any R compound tire is giving up wear and has a short life.