Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Top Speed Issue with my 2017 FiST

Mikes180

Hi all, I bought my first st about a month ago, however if I’m on the highway with this car it won’t go past 120km/h?
If I drop to 5th from 6th it still won’t go over, it stops at exactly 120km/h.

I don’t have any mykey activated and I have tried driving with both keys separate times.
I bought the car with mods :
Stage 2 Intercooler
Full exhaust system with Downpipe
Stage 1 software

Is it possible the car is going into a limp mode?
120kmh is roughly 75mph. If the car is tuned, I would think there is some sort of fail safe in the tune preventing you from going faster. I would ask the previous owner (if possible) for tune details. I would start doing preventative maintenance. Sometimes something as simple as a spark plug ruins a perfectly running car.

Sometime a tune can limit how fast you can go, too. Some tunes, you can't even rev pass 3,000 RPM.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Turn off "MyKey" functions. This allows you to set limits for times when the vehicle may be in the hands of a third-party... such as the kids or valet parking attendant.