Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Touge2Track

Figured I'd introduce the events i run with some buddies of mine out here in SoCal. Long story short we're a small group of canyon driving enthusiasts who came together to form Touge2Track. Our goal being to introduce new drivers to the track at an affordable price point. Example: Our events at Big Willow start at $65, unheard of these days. We're talking a full track day with 8 sessions. From our intermediate group with open passing to our first timer/beginner group for all the newer drivers. We have instructors at every event, free timing, raffles, and free lunches (whenever the diner is closed). Anyways don't want to ramble on to much. Check us out on instagram @Touge2track for more info. II'll post our next event flyer here. I've seen a few STs at previous events. Hoping to see more as I'll be tracking my own as well. First time posting this. Moderators please let me know if im in the right thread and if allowed. Thank you.

unnamed.jpg

Woods247

2000 Post Club
This is awesome! Hopefully everyone near you takes advantage of this.

$65 for a full track day, that's unreal. Great job helping to make tracking accessible to all!

Now to figure out how to convince the wife that we should take a trip to SC...and we should drive with our 2 girls...and take the Fiesta.... and I should do a track day while there...

DoomsdayMelody

I wanna know more about the dude who took an Elantra (sport?) on track lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #8

Haha very close friend of mine. The guy is all driver mod, fast in anything he drives. Can’t imagine what he would do with a full on project car! Still he got a great time in that thing lol

Last time I went to Streets, there was a dude hurting some people's feelings in a new manual Corolla hatch. And at the same time, there was a Kia Niro EV hooning it on Big Willow

Last time I went to Streets, there was a dude hurting some people's feelings in a new manual Corolla hatch. And at the same time, there was a Kia Niro EV hooning it on Big Willow
A Niro EV??? That thing had to be done after like 4 laps

I didn't see how long he went, but those things have pretty solid range, well over 200 miles
Those ranges are assuming you aren’t driving like an ape. Same way they advertise fuel economy, just because you can get 40mpg out of a fiesta doesn’t mean that you’ll see anything near that at the track.

Considering that on my last canyon drive, I got around 16 mpg which is under half of what the peak advertised fuel economy is, I’d be willing to bet that an EV on track in high temperatures would see less than 70 miles on a charge.

Just bought my ticket for the July 10th Touge, I'm gonna be getting a new set of sport brake pads for the fronts, I'm curious what you run/recommend. I can get a good deal off tirerack through my work I've heard, and I'm leaning towards this option in the pic below. Is there any other option most people run? This will be my first track day, although I drive plenty spiritedly in the canyons often

Attachments

TemecFist

Just bought my ticket for the July 10th Touge, I'm gonna be getting a new set of sport brake pads for the fronts, I'm curious what you run/recommend. I can get a good deal off tirerack through my work I've heard, and I'm leaning towards this option in the pic below. Is there any other option most people run? This will be my first track day, although I drive plenty spiritedly in the canyons often
What's the info on the July 10 touge?

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #15
Awesome brotha, did you sign up for streets of willow or horse thief mile? We have to simultaneous events that day.

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #16
What's the info on the July 10 touge?
July 10th would be our next event at Willow springs. Our usual track event at streets of willow and our first competition style event on horse thief mile. A track that most resembles a canyon or touge. Both are currently sold out. Not announced yet will be an aug event at buttonwillow and a final event at big willow some time during the fall.

Awesome brotha, did you sign up for streets of willow or horse thief mile? We have to simultaneous events that day.
I got the Streets event. I snagged the last ticket, intermediate division, although I definitely am actually a first timer. Talked to one of my co-workers whose been a couple times and he mentioned there's often movement between the divisions, so it's alright.

I'm sure those would do fine. More important than that would be brake fluid (how new is it?) Another thing is to turn your traction control off as it will work your brakes like a rack of ribs. (depending on your eagerness to get moving) Other than that have fun look up and use all the track, all of it, like try to tickle the curbing all over, its usually there for a reason and you payed for the whole track anyways.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaleFredriks SoCal Fiesta ST Owners 2