Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS

If I buy wheels without a TPMS can I have a shop add it later to them? New to buying wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
If I buy wheels without a TPMS can I have a shop add it later to them? New to buying wheels

The sensor goes between the wheel and the tire so they would have to dismount and remount/balance the tire. Best to do it when you get tires put on or just turn off tpms monitoring altogether.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The TPMS sensor is part of the valve stem assembly. If you are buying new wheels put the TPMS on it at that time. They have to add a valve stem to the wheel anyway. There's no point in going to the expense of having the tire demounted in the future to add the TPMS later.

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #4
Sounds good guys thank you, I’m buying them second hand but will be having a shop take the tires off that came with them and putting mine on that I have currently on my stock wheels. They’re konig lockouts 17x8, so should be all good there on fitment.