Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Traffic status on factory Nav on Canadian 2015 FiST

Can any other Canadian owners comment on their experience with traffic status on their factory navigation on their cars?

Mine doesn?t work at all; my expectation is that at a minimum during the Sirius trial period it ought to work? Looks like at least there is some thought that 2015?s should have Sirius traffic for 5 years?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well why do the mention it on their website? My bro's caddy also gets traffic via Satellite, so its definitely in existence. I'm not buying its a US only thing...

See:

http://www.siriusxm.ca/siriusxm-traffic-services/siriusxm-travel-link/

That would be the Canadian site...

Sorry let me rephrase. Sirus canada and Ford canada licence thing. If you look at the Ford US the owners website have lots of configuration options for Sync. Yes you can buy a Sirius devicein Canada to get traffic stuff but not integrated in the ford's touch screen.

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Why does the Sirius Canadian site specifically (any only) show the MFT screen on their site? Thats a little misleading if thats the case?

Following the links on the SiriusXM site, it specifically lists Fiesta under Vehicle Availability and Toronto under Market Coverage.

So it should be available, but possibly at extra charge.

perhaps [MENTION=2474]FordIVTteam[/MENTION]; can comment on this feature that appears to be lacking. For the Toronto area especially it is important, moreso with the stupid PanAm HOV disaster lanes set up...

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You need to call them and have this feature turned on.
It is still free during the trial period.

Dave

Hi everyone,

Per the SiriusXM website, this feature is not available on our Canadian vehicles; however, the free trials go to all North American vehicles.

Rebecca

[MENTION=2474]FordIVTteam[/MENTION] So I wasted money on Navi? Now I have to still hook up ANOTHER navigation so I can get traffic? Please tell me it isn't a useless option and there will be a way to get traffic on it.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Hi everyone,

Per the SiriusXM website, this feature is not available on our Canadian vehicles; however, the free trials go to all North American vehicles.

Rebecca
Thank you
[MENTION=2176]blurred[/MENTION]. Unfortunately it is only basic turn by turn with no traffic. I have this for years on my ford vehicles hence why i knew how it works. It is an expensive option for turn by turn voice. A thing to note the maps are updated periodically and even some obscure ones are listed.