Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST vs Cayman GT4 at Noirdschleife - Insane!

Siestarider

I believe it's this car, "300hp Revo equipped Milltek/Liteblox Fiesta ST":

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/category/racing/milltek-sport-fiesta-st-vt1/
Very interesting blog regarding how engine blew up. Good to know that long highspeed sweepers pulling 1.4G can oil starve main bearings with stock oil pan. Memo to self: When exceeding 1.3G on track, time to baffle oil pan. Actually, probably time to go dry sump.

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
I just started reading the blog - hate it and love it. I just wish they would put together a list of the mods. Here's what I've gleaned so far;

Nitron Coilovers for about $6k. No talk about spring rates or damping adjustments.

Wavetrac LSD - still a gear-based LSD but doesn't act as an open diff when spinning an inside wheel!

Motec 16" wheels with 215/550 R16 Yokohama from the photo. Anyone familiar with this?

AP Racing Brakes

Please post what you know or find out about this car too. I love the setup - It's street legal and it's what I want!

meFiSTo

Very interesting blog regarding how engine blew up. Good to know that long highspeed sweepers pulling 1.4G can oil starve main bearings with stock oil pan. Memo to self: When exceeding 1.3G on track, time to baffle oil pan. Actually, probably time to go dry sump.
See, that right there is why I was wondering about a baffled oil pan of some kind: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8660-Fiesta-ST-oil-sump

Now, I know it would not serve the same function as with the Focus (and the balance shaft delete thing done with that car), but oil starvation is a worry for me when I'm flogging a little stock econobox around a road course (something it was never really designed to do, though we do it anyway).

Dalomas

Hi! It's 182horsepower on map 1, and 230hp on map 2. We'll be on map 2 next weekend (May 27-29) for the 24-hours of Nürburgring.

The car is very much work-in-progress, spring rates are still not fixed, currently between 110and130kg on the front, and 80-100 on the back.

We're learning as we go! We only just got TVC disabled...

Hi! It's 182horsepower on map 1, and 230hp on map 2. We'll be on map 2 next weekend (May 27-29) for the 24-hours of Nürburgring.

The car is very much work-in-progress, spring rates are still not fixed, currently between 110and130kg on the front, and 80-100 on the back.

Can you tell us where you got those wheels?

OP
E
Thread Starter #13

Welcome to our forum! I'm quite impressed with your car and wish you luck campaigning it. Could you possibly share information about your suspension setup? I'm especially interested in your alignment specs and whether you made any changes to the rear torsion beam and sway bars.

OP
E
Thread Starter #14
Thanks! I emailed them for a price quote.
Their website lists a net-net price (whatever that is) of $140.33 each. I think a group buy is in order. If I didn't have a set of TD's on the way, I'd get a set.

Siestarider

I love our car, but to be honest, that Cayman was not being driven very well. Even accounting for reportedly running rain tires on a drying track, failure to drive the line is not the car's fault.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
No matter the circumstances I love watching and better yet being behind the wheel and passing any Porsche no matter the car or driver, since so many are snobs and "think that their sheat don't stink but it smells like poo poo".

Of course I have met some great people that happen to drive Porsche cars and have beaten some of them as well, the very cool ones are quite gracious about it. And I have been passed like I was going backwards and am always amazed a car with the engine in the worst possible place could be so damn fast.

The biggest advantages they have are in very stable late breaking and putting the power down out of corners, low CG and roll center a plus as well. Interesting they are strut cars up front though.

Is there a way to follow the race on line?