Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission Clunk?

UPDATE: I just limped the car from my friends house to mine down the road, gonna take it into a shop today probably, i recorded a video of driving, tried 1st 2nd 3rd and reverse, randomly putting the car in neutral, letting it roll with the clutch in or out, pushing the car with it off, still makes the sound no matter what, im at a loss. View attachment 44821

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crap, this is the exact sound my car started making when I was cruising home in the beginning of December. Car is bone stock, 2013 model, 140k km ( 87k miles). It's currently at a local gearbox repair centre who have worked on my car before.

The previous gearbox issue I had was in 2019 - 4th gear failure which exhibited as a whining noise. The clutch (+ slave cylinder) and flywheel were also replaced under warranty when that repair was being done.

This time I'm out of warranty and based on what you have shown, I'm starting to think it's going to be a costly repair. :eek:

OP
MaxG1128
Thread Starter #22
Crap, this is the exact sound my car started making when I was cruising home in the beginning of December. Car is bone stock, 2013 model, 140k km ( 87k miles). It's currently at a local gearbox repair centre who have worked on my car before.

The previous gearbox issue I had was in 2019 - 4th gear failure which exhibited as a whining noise. The clutch (+ slave cylinder) and flywheel were also replaced under warranty when that repair was being done.

This time I'm out of warranty and based on what you have shown, I'm starting to think it's going to be a costly repair. :eek:
it is for sure pretty pricey, i went ahead and did upgrades while the cars been down for the last six months, i could’ve had the car back up with a not so fresh transmission and a bunch of oem parts but with the route i’m going that’d make no sense, in usd im out about $3500 after fluids and everything. and that’s with me doing all the work myself. granted i’m coming out of this situation with a lsd, new rotors and pads and break lines and a upgraded clutch so the car should drive like a dream. best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk