Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trunk Lid Gap

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Does anyone else have a pretty severe gap in the back of their ST? Every time I see the back of my Fiesta, it’s all I see now.

Is there any adjustment or a bumper guard that can fill this gap?
257AC656-93D2-43EF-ACE1-4F0FFA40B84E.png

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Would anyone happen to have a picture of this part? I was browsing google images and see a couple other owners with the same ordeal.
I tried looking up schematics of the rear bumper assembly and don’t see a piece by itself.

3CC696E4-4F2D-4EC1-ACE7-DFA08BD2A413.jpeg

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Those holes are always visible with the hatch open.

I've never seen them with the hatch closed on ours. But I'm not sure if I've ever really looked at it from bumper level. It might be that your latch is adjusted to close too high.

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #6
Okay, the latch looks like just two torx bolts that can be adjusted then I assume. Any caution you would take while adjusting?
It also looks like a company called ES Design makes a bumper guard that could fill the gap too.
D0144320-DF9D-4ABA-AF77-5F91A4B0C952.jpeg

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #11
How strange. My model is a 2019. Hopefully I can make it look a little more flush once I get home today by messing with the latch. I can only imagine the Fiesta ST wasn’t on Ford’s priority as far as making sure the gap lines were perfect.

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #12
Thank you guys. The latch adjustment made a huge difference. I also think the orange paint does not hide the holes at all. A lot of contrast.

EBA6FA40-9EF2-4C1E-9497-189EBDA866A4.jpeg

Here's a wider shot with it open. I don't see the rectangular holes on mine. I was pretty sure I didn't have them, because I had just been in there putting some protectant on the rubber weather stripping.
View attachment 58649
The holes are actually fully visible in the picture. It is the small horizonal holes at the fold. Can clearly see the furthest left hole, others also visible here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Would anyone happen to have a picture of this part? I was browsing google images and see a couple other owners with the same ordeal.
I tried looking up schematics of the rear bumper assembly and don’t see a piece by itself.

View attachment 58644
judging buy this pic and afterlooking at mine I am wondering if your bumper has been replaced as your rubber seal extends out over the right angle above those little drain slots making then not even really visible normally I will also check later on my Grey 19 but from what I can tell from your pick your rubber seal seams to be deformed or not fitted right at the bottom

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #17
I can only assume the holes are there for removing water that may collect on the bumper.

@Dpro I hope not! I personally pulled a Carfax report just in case of that and no incidents(at least not reported). One owner and Florida kept. I inspected the undercarriage just to check for over spray and so on and it looked pretty normal to me.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The holes are actually fully visible in the picture. It is the small horizonal holes at the fold. Can clearly see the furthest left hole, others also visible here.
You're right, they are there. They weren't that visible on my dark car in my dark garage, and I don't see them in my pictures, but I have lost some sight in one eye and your sight is probably better than mine. Your comment and this discussion got me curious so I went back and took a look with a flashlight, and there they were.

Last edited: