Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TuneWerks First Tune

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
I just purchased my first tune and access port from TuneWerks. They’re having a bogo deal, too. I have a 91 octane tune set at moderate and the other as a 93 aggressive.

Randy helped me decide after close to a year of not knowing who to choose.

Anything I should prep for? Fiesta ST is stock. Everyone states new plugs.

Cneu

Premium Account
If you're gonna go up to 93 octane and past stage 1, it's recommended you also upgrade the intercooler, radiator(triple pass), plugs, and exhaust. The radiator, imo, is the first thing you should do if your engine suffers from heat soak.

I was down in Lone Pine, Ca this last summer. Temps above 100F. I couldn't climb the road to Whitney portal because the fiesta kept overheating. This was on a stock tune. It happened in Tahoe too. Very annoying. The radiator upgrade also netted me a ~3mpg improvement. This also wound up taking out my bypass solenoid which I had to replace in a napa parking lot in 110F heat with a half skin-degloved hand, lol. Super annoying.

So go ahead and do the plugs. A lot of folks recommend a step colder. Make sure to gap them well.

After that you're hitting the limits of the small lil turbo we have. Then you'd start upgrading the turbo, fuel system, etc. After that you'll have to start looking at an upgraded block.

For parts, keep an eye on the for sale section here on the forums. It's pretty active and lots of folks are parting out their fiestas lately. Facebook marketplace is also solid. Ebay is really hit or miss for me on these cars but ymmv.

Welcome to the club! Have fun!

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #4
@Cneu Thank you for that answer. I live here in Florida and so far my 2019 even in stop and go traffic has done really well. But, I’d love to see a nice shiny radiator gleaming through the grill one day. And yes, just ordered some NGK plugs from Whoosh.

@atlantaM3 So far, experience has been great. Super responsive and helpful.

Last edited:

Cneu

Premium Account
@Cneu Thank you for that answer. I live here in Florida and so far my 2019 even in stop and go traffic has done really well. But, I’d love to see a nice shiny radiator gleaming through the grill one day. And yes, just ordered some NGK plugs from Whoosh.

@atlantaM3 So far, experience has been great. Super responsive and helpful. It feels much more “custom” and unique than I expected. Like getting a pair of jeans tailored to you.
You can't really see the radiator through the A/C and grill. The intercooler is what you'll see from the front.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just purchased my first tune and access port from TuneWerks. They’re having a bogo deal, too. I have a 91 octane tune set at moderate and the other as a 93 aggressive.

Randy helped me decide after close to a year of not knowing who to choose.

Anything I should prep for? Fiesta ST is stock. Everyone states new plugs.
I have a Tunewerks 93 tune. It's awesome.

Talk to Randy about plugs. I'm on the stock ones with .025 gap.

OP
Yelbom15

Yelbom15

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #7
Ordered Monday, AP arrived Friday. Very quick turn around.

Last edited: