Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

tuning options what I'm looking at !

Hi guys,

new to forum and ST world what not ! wool its great stuff. (new zealand)

trying to get my head around the tuning options for fiesta st along with upgrade mods to support so far looking at ordering

injen air intake
Mbrp cat back exhaust
custom larger intercooler made locally (still don't understand why people are willing to fork out big cash for branded coolers)???[???:)]

has anyone had any experience with the puma speed MAX'D out tuning option ?? or shed some light on which is the best value for money tune? it seems everyone just goes with COBB, why?? it almost seems like a brand perception thing... However i love the fact that i can get stage 3 and 4 with max'd out and bolt on hybrid turbos later down the track !

any comments to what I've said or suggestions are welcome.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Those of us in the US that choose the Cobb AP3 do it because there currently isn't much else available, and what is available doesn't have as many features. Our ECU uses different strategies, so a lot of what works on non-USDM models aren't compatible (and vice-versa). Some use the AP3 with Cobb's OTS tunes, some use Mountunes version of the AP3 for their maps, and others get custom tunes with it via their tuner of preference.

OP
X
Thread Starter #4
Hi Mate

The Injen intake won't work on Euro spec STs. http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-performance/2195-injen-intake-power-loss.html

In Australia getting a Quality IC made would cost more than buying a name brand and importing it. (looked into it)

As for tunes and soft ware, what dyno said.

Oh wow thanks for warning me! What intake would you recommended/ what are you running?? Or else wha are your thoughts on that replacement highflow filter that Cobb offers along with their acess point.
I kinda was leaning towards a pod filter for the sound release of turbo

Sekred

1000 Post Club
OP
X
Thread Starter #6
Cobb AP is not compatible, the USDM STs run off the MAP sensor, Euros use the MAF sensor.
As for filters check out the UK websites like Pumaspeed, http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/car-Fiesta-ST-180-16-Ecoboost_1_326.jsp.

I am still running the stock air box at the moment with a CIA. I may change this, I keep reading its a restriction?.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1509-Sekred-s-White-Weapon-build-thread-2

Ahk thanks for info! Wats cia?

Also have you or are u planing on tuning? I'm guessing bluefin would be the way to go in that case. However don't think they do custom tunes?...
Did you upgraded or plan to upgrade exhaust?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
You will have to get use to using acronyms around here, there everywhere, lol. CIA = cold air intake.

" Did you upgraded or plan to upgrade exhaust? "

Already done . See link previous post. CP-E (Custom performance engineering, a US company) Catted DP (down pipe, think dump pipe). Custom made 3" TBE (Turbo back exhaust).

No tune yet thats next. The MaxD Out tune looks ok, developed between Pumaspeed and Jam-Speed. Jam-Speed have a good reputation in UK.
Finsport also have a tune along with as mentioned Bluefin and there is Revo as well.

The MaxD Out tune seem to have more options including a tune for the ATP Garrett turbos which no company offers in the US where the ATP kit was developed, figure that out. This is probably the tune I will go for.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Sekred what tune did you go for?
Hi, I went with the Maxd out tune. I am pretty happy with it but I have nothing to compare it to other than the original tune.

Since then I have recently changed the turbo and need a different tune. Pumaspeed told me there would be no problem writing a new tune that would work but after a few emails back and forth, I have loss contact with their "Tuner" and he does not respond to my emails anymore.

JBO

Thanks for the info. Customer service is such a simple concept, but many companies struggle with it!
Pumaspeed still a front runner for me as I would never go beyond Stage 2 tune, if that.
Cheers and thanks again
JBO